This vibrant & vibrant tomato tart is so versatile for summer season! It may be served straight from the oven as a seasonal & elegant appetizer for al fresco eating. Great served with a crisp white wine! It may also be sliced, packed & loved at room temperature for a summertime picnic.
I really like utilizing a mixture of heirloom beefsteak & cherry tomatoes. The varied colors & sizes are equally stunning as they’re flavourful. The herb seasoning is a standard Herbes de Provence, which is a mix of rosemary, thyme, fennel, savoury & lavender. Yow will discover an genuine mix on-line (as I did) or make your individual!
Lastly, I extremely suggest utilizing an all-butter primarily based puff pastry (as an alternative of shortening) which may be discovered within the freezer part of a specialty grocery retailer. Any frozen puff pastry will work, however the all-butter model yields a lot extra buttery flavour & most flakiness.
Cheers to summer season & probably the most great time of yr.. sun-ripened tomato season!
Tarte à La Tomate
- 1 sheet all-butter puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons further virgin olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 2 cups heirloom tomatoes (mixture of beefsteak & cherry), sliced
- 3 teaspoons Herbes de Provence
- Flaked salt & freshly floor pepper, to style
- Recent basil, to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 425(f) levels. Line an 8 by 12-inch baking sheet or tart pan with parchment paper.
2. On a calmly floured floor roll out puff pastry to an 10 by 14 inch rectangle. Trim edges.
3. Brush with olive oil adopted by the dijon mustard. Prime with an excellent layer of gruyere cheese adopted by the tomatoes. Organize in single layer with the completely different colors scattered all through.
4. Drizzle tomatoes with remaining olive oil. End with herbs, salt & pepper. Bake till the crust is puffed & golden, about 25 minutes.
5. Garnish with contemporary basil & take pleasure in!