With the beginning of spring, I’m already on the lookout for fast and simple salads to serve subsequent to grilled objects or simply to maintain within the fridge for quick lunches. This Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad is really easy to toss collectively and a do-it-yourself balsamic glaze takes it to the following stage.
I stored my components and add-ins low on this strawberry salad, however you need to see it as a leaping off level if you wish to add extra issues. I gave a bunch of concepts within the substitution part under!
Welcome spring with this glorious approach to showcase scrumptious strawberries!
Methods to make the balsamic glaze
There’s just one factor you technically have to cook dinner for this salad: the balsamic glaze. Can you purchase balsamic glaze within the retailer? Completely. However, it’s fairly costly so I normally simply make sufficient for the recipe I’m making.
It’s not arduous to do in any respect. Simply add balsamic vinegar and sugar to a small pot and produce it to a simmer. As soon as simmering, stir sometimes and proceed to cook dinner till the combination cooks down into a skinny syrup. It ought to scale back by about half within the pot. This can take most likely 8-10 minutes.
If it seems too skinny to drizzle, that’s okay. It’s going to proceed to thicken up because it cools. As soon as it’s off the warmth, let it cool after which drizzle on the salad.
Additional glaze is scrumptious on SO might issues from burgers and roasted hen to eggs.
Substances for this strawberry goat cheese salad
Listed below are the fundamentals for this strawberry goat cheese salad. Nearly half of the components are within the title of the salad!
- Child Arugula. I like this as a base for the salad because it provides some peppery taste to the salad.
- Strawberries. Discover good, ripe strawberries. Yum!
- Goat cheese. You don’t want a bunch for this salad. Just a few crumbles go a good distance.
- Snap peas. I needed so as to add one other crunchy vegetable to this combine so I chopped up some snap peas.
- Sunflower seeds. You may use all kinds of nuts and seeds however that is what I went with.
- Lemon juice and olive oil. These are a great way to calmly gown the arugula.
Methods to gown the arugula for this salad
Usually, I might wait to decorate the salad till after I’ve added the whole lot however as a result of this salad has a balsamic glaze on high, I like to decorate the arugula with some olive oil and lemon juice.
Drizzle on these things over your arugula after which stir or shake the arugula properly so the sunshine dressing covers all of the leaves. It ought to barely give the leaves a little bit shine and there must be no pooling of liquid.
This offers the salad a pleasant base taste you can construct on!
Substitutions and concepts for this salad
Ending this salad could be very simple. You simply high the dressed arugula with the toppings after which drizzle on the glaze. I like to recommend drizzling on the glaze for every serving fairly than including it to the entire dressing.
Style the salad with a small drizzle of balsamic and see if you might want to regulate flavors. The salad would possibly want a pinch of salt and pepper.
So what are some substitutions for this salad? I obtained you!
- Including further crunch to this salad is a good suggestion. You are able to do this with different seeds and nuts like walnuts, pecans, or pine nuts.
- As an alternative of goat cheese, strive feta cheese and even blue cheese for a stronger taste.
- As an alternative of strawberries, strive completely different fruits like raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, or a mixture of fruits.
- Change up the inexperienced with slivered kale or child spinach
- Add some further protein with crumbled bacon, poached shrimp, and even grilled flank steak.
- Hold happening the veggies! You may add crunchy issues like slivered purple onions, grated carrots, and even apples.
- As an alternative of the balsamic glaze, add some maple syrup to a typical French dressing dressing and it’ll be excellent sweetness.
What to serve with this strawberry salad
This salad is nice served in a big salad bowl with all kinds of dinners and lunches. It might be nice alongside grilled mains like grilled yogurt chicken, grilled burgers, and even these grilled halloumi skewers.
Need a completely different twist on strawberries? Do this Strawberry dole whip recipe from Butter & Bliss!
My Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad recipe
Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad
This Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad recipe is full of recent strawberries and goat cheese and some different crunchy add-ins and completed with a balsamic glaze.
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- 5 oz. child arugula
- 2 tablespoons further virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups strawberries sliced
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1 cup snap peas chopped
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
Gown the arugula by tossing arugula with olive oil and lemon juice. Plate salads with arugula and high with chopped strawberries, snap peas, sunflower seeds, goat cheese, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
Serving: 1bowlEnergy: 247kcalCarbohydrates: 30gProtein: 6gFats: 12gSaturated Fats: 4gPolyunsaturated Fats: 2gMonounsaturated Fats: 5gLdl cholesterol: 9mgSodium: 83mgPotassium: 261mgFiber: 2gSugar: 27gVitamin A: 942IUVitamin C: 43mgCalcium: 89mgIron: 2mg
Did you make this?
Snap a photograph and tag @macheesmo so I can see your work.