If you would like a quick, straightforward, scrumptious vegetarian pasta dish, do this creamy Mushroom Pesto Pasta recipe. It is a simple pesto pasta with huge umami flavors from the sliced mushrooms and garlic.
Whether or not it is Meatless Monday or some other busy weeknight, this pesto mushroom pasta is a superb recipe that the entire household will love!
The mushrooms add this wonderful, wealthy umami taste. And the creamy pesto sauce brings brightness and zing to the pasta.
This 30-minute recipe is nice to whip up for the entire household – even on a loopy faculty evening!
🌟 Why this recipe works
Mushroom pesto pasta is a fast and simple vegetarian dish that packs huge umami flavors and is ideal for even busy weeknight dinners.
- Easy components – It is a hearty, satisfying pasta dinner made with easy components you could find at any native grocery retailer.
- Comfort – you should utilize home made pesto or your favourite store-bought pesto.
- Quick – You can also make this creamy mushroom pesto pasta in simply half-hour.
🛒 Ingredient notes
- Pasta – I like linguine or different lengthy strand pasta, resembling fettuccine or spaghetti, with this mushroom pesto pasta recipe. You can additionally use spiral pastas, resembling fussilli or rotini, as they maintain the pesto sauce properly. Penne pasta can be a sensible choice for this recipe.
- Olive oil – Additional virgin olive oil provides some wealthy taste proper from the beginning.
- Garlic – 4 garlic cloves could look like so much to you, however I believe this pesto pasta recipe requires that a lot. You possibly can, in fact, use much less garlic should you want.
- Mushrooms – Use cremini mushrooms, also called child bella mushrooms. You may also substitute white button mushrooms.
- Pesto sauce – You can also make recent pesto out of your favourite home made pesto sauce recipe (strive our Spinach Pesto recipe!) or your favourite store-bought jar of basil pesto sauce.
- Vegetable inventory – You may also sub rooster inventory should you do not want it to be vegetarian.
- Cream – So as to add a velvety creaminess to the sauce.
- Parmesan cheese – Use some so as to add taste and assist thicken the sauce whereas it is cooking. And sprinkle a bit of on high simply earlier than serving.
- Salt and black pepper – Season to style.
Non-obligatory additions – You can additionally add some cherry tomatoes or sundried tomatoes for extra vibrant pops of colour and recent taste. In case you are not a vegetarian, you would additionally add rooster or substitute rooster for the mushrooms to make this a rooster pesto pasta dish.
Non-obligatory garnishes/serving concepts – Sprinkle some toasted pine nuts and recent basil leaves on high of every serving. Add a squeeze of recent lemon juice for some acidity should you like.
Make it dairy free/vegan – Substitute your favourite dairy-free heavy cream and grated parmesan cheese for the complete dairy variations to make this a vegan mushroom pesto pasta.
✅ Step-by-step directions
The complete components listing and detailed directions are within the printable recipe card on the backside of this submit. This is a photograph step-by-step information which you can confer with as you make this straightforward recipe.
- Cook dinner the pasta in a big pot in accordance with bundle directions, till it is al dente.
- Warmth oil in a big skillet over medium-high warmth.
- Add the mushrooms and cook dinner.
4. Add the garlic, stir, and cook dinner.
5. Add the vegetable inventory, stir and cook dinner.
6. Add within the cream.
7. Add within the parmesan cheese.
8. Add the pesto sauce. Stir, and cook dinner.
9. Add the cooked pasta, together with a ladle of scorching starchy pasta water. Stir to coat the noodles.
10. Season the creamy pesto pasta with salt and pepper.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Completely! Merely substitute a vegan pesto; a dairy-free cream, coconut cream, or coconut milk for the heavy cream; and a dairy-free/vegan grated cheese as an alternative of parmesan cheese.
Retailer leftover mushroom pasta in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 or 4 days. Reheat within the microwave with a tiny splash of water to revive the sauce.
🍽 Serving concepts
This straightforward mushroom pesto pasta is a successful weeknight dinner recipe.
Serve it with one or two facet dishes, and you have got a memorable 30 minute meal that’s actually satisfying!
🍷 🥂 Wine pairings
A wealthy mushrooms recipe like this could pair with an earthy Pinot Noir. Or pair it with a white wine like an Albariño, Pinot Gris, or a Sauvignon Blanc.
Able to make this recipe? Listed below are the kitchen instruments and gear you will want:
Simpler pasta recipes
Did you make this recipe? Remember to go away a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 ranking within the recipe card, and should you actually liked it, please go away a remark additional down on the web page. Thanks!
Mushroom Pesto Pasta
This straightforward pasta dish has huge umami flavors and zesty pesto. A fast vegetarian weeknight dinner the entire household will love!
Servings: 6 servings
In a big pot, cook dinner the linguine in accordance with bundle directions.
In a separate massive skillet over medium-high warmth, add the olive oil. Then add the mushrooms and stir, cooking for 1 minute. Add the garlic and stir collectively, sautéing for 1-2 minutes.
Pour within the vegetable broth and stir, cooking the mushrooms and garlic within the broth for about 1 minute. Add the dairy-free heavy cream and stir. Then sprinkle within the dairy-free grated parmesan cheese and stir till the cheese is generally melted inside the cream.
Add the pesto and stir into the sauce till properly mixed.
When the pasta is completed cooking, add it to the sauce within the skillet and toss collectively to coat the entire pasta. Season with salt and pepper to style.
Serve with additional dairy-free grated parmesan cheese and recent basil, if desired.
Mushrooms: use cremini/child bella, or white button mushrooms.
Pesto: you should utilize home made pesto (strive our Spinach Pesto) or your favourite store-bought pesto.
Storage: retailer leftovers in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as three days. Freeze in freezer baggage or a freezer-safe hermetic container for as much as one month.
Energy: 371kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 12g | Fats: 15g | Saturated Fats: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 4g | Ldl cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 283mg | Potassium: 320mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 530IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 115mg | Iron: 1mg
Vitamin info is a common estimate. Precise vitamin particulars could fluctuate relying on the precise meals & manufacturers you employ to make this recipe. It doesn’t take into consideration any substitutions, toppings, or non-obligatory components.