Expertise the irresistible style of Panang curry with this straightforward recipe. Juicy hen, colourful bell peppers, and fragrant Thai basil come collectively in a creamy coconut milk and curry paste sauce, delivering a pleasant and flavorful meal.
I like a scrumptious Thai dish. The recipes have a lot taste in them that I can’t resist. I’ve not too long ago made this Thai Basil Chicken, this scrumptious Coconut Curry Chicken and these yummy Thai Lettuce Wraps and they’re all so good.
What’s Panang Curry?
Panang curry is a particular type of meals that comes from Thailand. It’s a bit spicy but in addition very tasty. The principle ingredient in Panang curry is a particular combination known as curry paste. This paste is created from issues like spicy chili peppers, garlic (which provides it a robust taste), and a few particular herbs and spices. Thai food is thought for his or her scrumptious and flavorful recipes and this hen curry is not any exception.
This Panang curry is stuffed with so many scrumptious spices and topped with some ssweet Thai basil to convey all of them collectively. And never solely is it scrumptious, it cooks up within the wok in lower than 30 minutes. That makes this recipe a simple alternative for these busy, on-the-go nights.
Components in Panang Curry
These components are literally fairly easy and when you get some curry paste, you can be cooking Thai meals all week lengthy! Try the recipe card on the backside of the publish for the entire actual ingredient measurements.
- Olive Oil: That is used to prepare dinner the hen and greens in order that they don’t keep on with the pan.
- Rooster Thighs: Rooster thighs have extra taste than hen breasts, so I used these as an alternative.
- White Onion: Provides a flavorful base to the curry.
- Bell Peppers (purple and inexperienced): The peppers add in a pleasant crunch and sweetness to stability the flavors.
- Garlic: The garlic provides a robust and yummy style to the curry.
- Panang Curry Paste: This paste offers the dish its signature spicy and wealthy taste.
- Peanut Butter: Makes the curry creamy and provides a nutty style.
- Brown Sugar: Brings a contact of sweetness that balances the spiciness.
- Coconut Milk: Creates a creamy sauce that cools down the spiciness.
- Fish Sauce: Enhances the savory and salty flavors within the curry.
- Lime: The lime provides a tangy kick that brightens up the dish.
- Thai Basil: The basil provides freshness.
- Peanuts and Purple Pepper Flakes: They’re toppings that add texture and additional spiciness for individuals who like a kick.
Is Panang Curry Onerous to Make?
No! Panang Curry is easy to make, and the perfect half about it’s that it’s all cooked within the wok collectively, making cleanup a breeze!
- Warmth Oil: Warmth the oil in a big wok over medium-high warmth.
- Cook dinner Veggies: Add the onion and peppers and prepare dinner for five minutes or till the greens have softened. Add the garlic and prepare dinner for 30 seconds. Set the greens apart.
- Cook dinner Rooster: Add the hen items to the wok and extra oil if wanted. Cook dinner till the hen is browned on the surface. It’s going to totally prepare dinner within the sauce later. Set the hen apart.
- Add Paste: Returning to the wok, scoop the paste into the wok and stir to launch the oils from the paste.
- Mix: Stir the cooked greens and hen into the paste. Proceed cooking it for a minute extra.
- Cook dinner: Stir within the peanut butter, fish sauce, brown sugar, and lime juice. Proceed to prepare dinner and stir repeatedly for 3 minutes.
- Add Coconut Milk: Decrease the warmth to medium and pour within the coconut milk. Whisk to mix.
- Cook dinner till Sauce Thickens: Let it prepare dinner for 5-7 minutes or till the hen is totally cooked and the sauce barely thickens. Add the Thai basil leaves proper earlier than serving.
Is Panang Curry Spicy?
Sure, Panang curry generally is a bit spicy. The curry paste used to make it typically incorporates spicy chili peppers, which might add some warmth to the dish. Nevertheless, the extent of spiciness can differ relying on how a lot curry paste is used and private preferences. When you’re not a fan of an excessive amount of spice, you’ll be able to modify the quantity of curry paste you utilize or search for milder variations of the paste.
Ideas and Variations
Listed below are a few suggestions that can make your Panang Curry end up excellent each single time!
- Swap up the veggies: Bell peppers are most typical in Panang Curry, however add any veggies you desire to. Eggplant, zucchini, and carrots are a number of concepts that may also be scrumptious!
- Warmth the Panang paste: Be sure that to comply with the instructions intently on heating the curry paste to launch the oils. It’s essential as a result of it provides most taste!
- Use full-fat coconut milk: Full-fat coconut milk is greatest in curry recipes. It provides richness to the sauce that mild milk can’t obtain.
Methods to Retailer Leftovers
Everyone knows Thai meals makes the perfect leftovers, and this Panang Curry is not any exception! Right here is how one can retailer it and even freeze it for later!
- Within the Fridge: As soon as your Panang Curry has cooled, you’ll be able to retailer it in an hermetic container within the fridge. Panang Curry can usually be saved within the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Within the Freezer: Retailer the cooked leftovers in an hermetic container in your freezer, and they’ll final about 2-3 months.
- To Reheat: In case you are reheating from frozen, then ensure that to thaw the Panang Curry in your fridge in a single day. As soon as able to eat, you’ll be able to reheat your curry over the range on medium-low warmth till the hen is warmed by means of.
Warmth the oil in a big wok over medium-high warmth.
Add the onion and peppers and prepare dinner for five minutes or till the greens have softened.
Add the garlic and prepare dinner for 30 seconds. Set the greens apart.
Add the hen items to the wok and extra oil if wanted. Cook dinner till the hen is browned on the surface. It’s going to totally prepare dinner within the sauce later. Set the hen apart.
Returning to the wok, scoop the paste into the wok and stir to launch the oils from the paste.
Stir the cooked greens and hen into the paste. Proceed cooking it for a minute extra.
Stir within the peanut butter, fish sauce, brown sugar, and lime juice.
Proceed to prepare dinner and stir repeatedly for 3 minutes.
Decrease the warmth to medium and pour within the coconut milk. Whisk to mix.
Let it prepare dinner for 5-7 minutes or till the hen is totally cooked and the sauce barely thickens.
Add the Thai basil leaves proper earlier than serving.
Serving1gEnergy380kcal (19%)Carbohydrates13g (4%)Protein25g (50%)Fats26g (40%)Saturated Fats15g (75%)Polyunsaturated Fats2gMonounsaturated Fats7gTrans Fats0.02gLdl cholesterol108mg (36%)Sodium360mg (15%)Potassium565mg (16%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar8g (9%)Vitamin A3702IU (74%)Vitamin C47mg (57%)Calcium66mg (7%)Iron4mg (22%)
All dietary info is predicated on third social gathering calculations and is barely an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will differ relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.