This Focaccia Pizza is made with do-it-yourself focaccia bread dough, giving it a scrumptious texture and taste. Making your personal pizza dough from scratch will rapidly grow to be a pastime at your private home after your first chew of this straightforward scrumptious pizza.
❤️ Why you will love this recipe
- Simple to make with just some easy components.
- Home made dough is at all times higher than store-bought!
- The focaccia bread provides the pizza a novel and scrumptious taste.
- It is easy to customise together with your favourite pizza toppings.
Who does not love pizza? It is a weekly staple in our home. And, the fluffy crust and do-it-yourself pizza sauce will make your do-it-yourself pizza evening successful each time.
As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Be aware: The complete listing of this recipe components with their quantities and choices are within the recipe card under.
- all-purpose flour
- kosher salt
- instantaneous yeast or energetic dry yeast
- lukewarm water
- extra-virgin olive oil divided
- canned entire tomatoes
- garlic cloves
- pink wine vinegar
- Crimson pepper flakes
- full-fat mozzarella cheese shredded
- whole-milk ricotta cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- contemporary basil leaves
Be aware: That is an summary of the directions. The complete directions are within the recipe card under.
- Combine the dough and let it chill for two hours tightly coated with plastic wrap.
- Pour olive oil onto your baking sheet, and unfold it. Then flatten the dough on the underside of the pan till it’s about 1-inch thick. Cowl loosely light-weight clear towel or with plastic wrap when you find yourself permitting the dough to relaxation.
- In the meantime, drain the juice from the canned tomatoes in a nice mesh strainer.
- Add the tomatoes to the bowl and crush them. Then add the remaining sauce components till properly mixed.
- Unfold the sauce over the bread, then prime with shredded mozzarella, then dollop spoonfuls of the ricotta cheese on the pizza. High with the remaining shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the focaccia pizza in a preheated oven till the pizza crust is golden brown across the edges and the cheese has melted. This might take 17-20 minutes. Sprinkle with contemporary basil and pink pepper flakes if desired.
The next are affiliate hyperlinks. We’re a participant within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to supply a method for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites.
You’ll want the next gadgets to make this recipe efficiently.
These are the questions we’re most incessantly requested about making Focaccia Pizza.
The distinction between conventional pizza crust and focaccia is the quantity of yeast that’s used. Focaccia has extra yeast which makes bubble up a bit extra.
Focaccia shouldn’t be the standard pizza crust nevertheless it will properly as a pizza crust for this Margherita pizza
It’s generally known as pizza genovese as a result of it’s intently linked to the Italian metropolis of Genoa.
No, Sicilian pizza shouldn’t be the identical as focaccia. Sicilian pizza has a thick and dense dough that should be baked in a sq. pan whereas focaccia is made with extra yeast and a lightweight and ethereal texture.
The principle distinction between focaccia and Detroit-style pizza is that Detroit-style pizza is made with a thick, crispy crust whereas focaccia has a lighter, extra ethereal texture.
- When you’re working with yeast you wish to use heat water and never scorching water. Sizzling water will kill off the yeast.
- Essentially the most correct approach to measure the flour to your focaccia bread recipe is to make use of the spoon methodology. This implies utilizing a spoon to scoop the flour into your measuring cup fairly than dipping the cup straight within the bag of flour.
- Since we’re utilizing instantaneous yeast for this dough recipe, you do not have to fret about taking the time to proof the yeast earlier than you make the dough.
- All function white flour is the very best flour to make use of to make this recipe.
- Do not skimp on the dough relaxation time. This time permits the yeast to develop and offers the fluffy texture that you’re searching for.
- I retailer the dough in an oiled bowl in order that the dough does not stick with the bowl and is eliminated simply.
- For a crispier crust, add a few minutes further to the baking time.
- When you’re stretching the dough after the second rise, if the dough springs again give it a couple of further minutes of rise time and check out once more.
- For those who do not wish to take the time to make the do-it-yourself marinara sauce then you should utilize your favourite sauce as a substitute. However, give the do-it-yourself sauce a attempt it is actually scrumptious.
- Not a fan of focaccia bread? You should utilize your favourite do-it-yourself pizza dough as a substitute to make this scrumptious recipe.
- Be at liberty to get artistic and use your favourite toppings so as to add extra taste to this straightforward recipe.
- You may sprinkle the highest of the pizza with Italian seasoning and a mix of romano and parmesan cheeses for extra flare.
Retailer leftovers in an hermetic container or storage bag within the fridge for as much as three days. I’ve discovered one of the simplest ways to reheat this pizza is by utilizing the oven at 350 levels for about 10 minutes.
- If you’re searching for one other scrumptious pizza recipe to make your loved ones pizza nights. Give this BBQ Chicken Pizza a attempt subsequent time. It is a scrumptious twist on a basic recipe.
- These Easy Pizza Pinwheels are certain to be successful at your subsequent celebration. They’re fast and straightforward to make, filled with taste, and everybody will love them!
- Bubble Up Pizza Bread is one among my go-to meals to make once I need one thing filling but straightforward. You may’t go improper with this scrumptious recipe.
🍽 Serve with
- There may be simply one thing particular about Soft Baked Breadsticks they’re mild, fluffy, and style wonderful!
- I do not learn about you however I believe that Antipasto Caprese Salad is the proper facet dish to serve with do-it-yourself pizza.
- If you’re within the temper for a easy but wholesome appetizer to serve with a hearty meal like pizza these Cucumbers Appetizers are simply what you want.
📞 Chiacchierata (chat)
Do you know that in Italy if you wish to order pizza by the slice you’ll wish to order pizza al taglio. However, don’t fret as a result of making this do-it-yourself focaccia pizza at residence means you’ll be able to eat as many slices as you need!
Tutti a tavolo, è pronto!
What’s new? Try my All Our Way Store on Amazon. We’ll be including extra gadgets we love and use or want we needed to make
cooking enjoyable and straightforward.
📝 Recipe Card
Mushy fluffy focaccia crust, topped with do-it-yourself marinara sauce, contemporary mozzarella cheese, and creamy ricotta cheese. It makes for a tasty recipe that your whole household will love. So, do not delay, add this scrumptious pizza to your meal plan this week. You will not remorse taking the time to make it.
For those who love this recipe please give it 5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.
The right way to Make the Greatest-Ever Focaccia Pizza
Focaccia Pizza is made with a mushy and fluffy focaccia crust, topped with do-it-yourself marinara sauce, contemporary mozzarella cheese, and creamy ricotta cheese. It is a household favourite recipe!
Servings: 6 servings
As An Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 ½ cups all-purpose flour plus extra as wanted
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt divided
- 1 ½ teaspoons instantaneous yeast or energetic dry yeast
- 1 ¾ cups lukewarm water
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 14 oz can entire tomatoes or use ½ can (28-ounce)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon pink wine vinegar
- Crimson pepper flakes to your liking
- 8 ounces full-fat mozzarella cheese shredded (about 2 cups)— Low-moisture for those who can’t discover full fats.
- 8 ounces whole-milk ricotta cheese about 1 cup
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese finely grated (about ½ firmly packed cup grated on a Microplane or ⅓ cup store-bought)
- 6 massive contemporary basil leaves
Combine the dough and let it rise:
Place 4 ½ cups all-purpose flour, 2 ½ teaspoons of the kosher salt, and 1 ½ teaspoons instantaneous or energetic dry yeast in a big bowl and stir with a wood spoon or rubber spatula to mix.
Add 1 ¾ cups lukewarm water and three tablespoons of the extra-virgin olive oil and stir till no dry flour stays and a shaggy dough kinds.
Knead within the bowl a couple of instances, sprinkling with a bit extra flour if wanted, till a tough, sticky ball of dough kinds.
Tightly cowl with plastic wrap and let rise at room temperature for two hours.
Chill the dough within the fridge. After 2 hours, the dough may have puffed and doubled in dimension. Refrigerate the bowl of dough not less than 8 hours and as much as 24.
Forming the focaccia on baking sheet:
Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the extra-virgin olive oil onto a 13×18-inch rimmed baking sheet.
Take away the bowl of dough from the fridge and use your arms to switch the dough to the ready baking sheet (save the plastic wrap to make use of once more to cowl stretched dough and wash the bowl to make use of for making the sauce).
Flip to coat within the oil, then gently press and flatten the dough till about 1-inch thick. (The dough won’t attain the sides of the baking sheet.) Cowl loosely with plastic wrap and let relaxation for 10 minutes. In the meantime, pressure the tomatoes.
Stretching and shaping the focaccia:
Uncover the dough and use your fingertips to stretch the dough to the sides of the baking sheet. If it begins to shrink again, let it relaxation for a couple of minutes, then attempt once more.
Cowl once more and let relaxation till puffed and barely risen, about 25 minutes. In the meantime, warmth the oven and make the sauce.
Warmth the oven. Organize a rack within the decrease third of the oven and warmth the oven to 475°F.
Make the sauce:
Discard the tomato water that has collected within the bowl and pour the strained tomatoes of their sauce into the bowl. Rigorously crush the tomatoes together with your arms into bite-sized items. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 teaspoon pink wine vinegar, remaining ½ teaspoon kosher salt, and a beneficiant pinch of pink pepper flakes. Stir to mix.
Grate or mince 2 garlic cloves and add it to the bowl.
Add the remaining 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 teaspoon pink wine vinegar, remaining ½ teaspoon kosher salt, and a beneficiant pinch of pink pepper flakes. Stir to mix.
Assemble the focaccia pizza:
Shred 8 ounces low-moisture mozzarella cheese (about 2 cups).
Spoon the tomato sauce over the cheese and gently unfold it the very best you’ll be able to with the again of the spoon (some spots with out sauce are nice).
Use your fingertips to softly dimple the floor of the dough. Sprinkle 1 cup shredded mozzarella evenly over the dough, leaving a few ½-inch border across the edges.
Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup mozzarella. Dollop 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese in small spoonfuls excessive.
Bake the focaccia pizza:
Bake till the focaccia pizza is golden-brown across the edges and the cheese has melted, 17 to twenty minutes.
In the meantime, finely grate 1 ounce Parmesan cheese (about ½ packed cup) and tear 4 massive contemporary basil leaves.
Let cool, garnish, slice, and serve:
Take away the pizza from the oven and sprinkle throughout with the Parmesan. Let cool for five minutes.
Sprinkle with the basil and extra pink pepper flakes, if desired. Reduce into 12 squares and serve.
Energy: 685kcal | Carbohydrates: 78g | Protein: 26g | Fats: 30g | Saturated Fats: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 15g | Ldl cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 1609mg | Potassium: 332mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 559IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 366mg | Iron: 6mg
Join the emails and by no means miss one other recipe!!
We’ll by no means share your e-mail or ship you spam. Promise