This yr is the yr of crunchy salads. This doesn’t imply that you simply want numerous fancy elements to make an important salad, however let’s simply cease with the soggy lettuce and drab toppers for our salads. This Broccoli Crunch Salad has just a few elements however the flavors and, extra importantly, textures are A+ scrumptious.
Broccoli is the star of the present within the crunchy broccoli salad. The salad might be at the least 50% broccoli and that’s okay as a result of while you chop it up finely and use the broccoli stems and fronds, it’s SO a lot better than you would possibly consider while you consider broccoli.
This broccoli salad recipe will rapidly vault to the highest of your favourite salad recipes. Belief me!
Elements in Broccoli Crunch Salad
This can be a fairly easy ingredient checklist and as you’ll see under there are many substitutions obtainable.
- Broccoli! This one isn’t precisely non-obligatory. You’ll need recent broccoli florets and the broccoli stems!
- Celery. One other nice, crunchy vegetable that’s simple to cut and add to the salad.
- Apples. Inexperienced apples are greatest however any apple will probably be positive. Peel the apple and toss it with some lemon juice to stop browning.
- Scallions. Not precisely crunchy, however they offer some refined onion taste to the salad.
- Roasted Peanuts. These add a salty crunch to the salad.
- Feta cheese. To counter all of the crunch, creamy cheese helps mix every part collectively.
- Parlsey dressing. I made a brand new dressing for this model however you may use any flavorful, barely candy dressing like this Jalapeno Ranch dressing or this Creamy Pecorino dressing could be nice.
Methods to chop broccoli
This may appear apparent, nevertheless it’s most likely an important a part of this recipe.
For the broccoli stems, peel the exhausting outer pores and skin off the stem after which dice up the stem into about 1/4-inch cubes.
For the florets, that is the place you can also make a mistake. You don’t need complete florets within the salad, that are too large, but in addition you don’t need it diced so small that the fronds of the broccoli are falling aside. For a small or medium floret, I’ll chop it into 4 items and for a bigger floret I’ll chop it into sixths or eighths.
The broccoli combination needs to be bite-sized, however not utterly pulverized.
Making the lemon parsley dressing
This can be a fantastic dressing that will go nicely on any inexperienced salad. It’s vibrant, barely candy, and tangy. I made it in a meals processor by processing a big handful of parsley (you may even use among the smaller stems) and garlic, with lemon juice, salt, cumin, and olive oil.
Course of this nicely till it’s mixed and style. Regulate to your liking and retailer it within the fridge till you want it!
Making this broccoli crunch salad
This can be a very simple salad to make and the directions are fairly easy. You don’t have to cook dinner something, however do take your time dicing the elements. All the things needs to be roughly the identical dimension. Your celery items, apple chunks, chopped broccoli items, and peanuts ought to all be comparable in dimension and nothing too large.
Layer every part in a big bowl with the feta cheese and scallions after which drizzle it with dressing while you serve it. I wouldn’t pre-dress this salad.
What to serve with this broccoli crunch salad
Substitutions and concepts
A number of substitutions and choices for this broccoli crunch salad!
- Add different crunchy greens to the combination like shredded carrot or cabbage or slivered purple onion.
- Add extra candy parts to the salad with dried fruit like dried cranberries or cherries.
- As an alternative of peanuts, strive sunflower seeds, toasted almonds, or pine nuts.
My Broccoli Chopped Salad Recipe
Broccoli Crunch Salad
This broccoli crunch salad is a wholesome addition to any dinner or lunch and is full of crunchy elements like apples, peanuts, and celery.
- ¼ cup recent parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ lemon juice solely
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon floor cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅓ cup olive oil
Broccoli Crunch Salad
- 2 massive stalks broccoli chopped
- 1 apple peeled and chopped
- ½ lemon juice for apple
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 3 scallions chopped
- ½ cup peanuts roasted and salted
- 4 oz feta cheese crumbled
Mix elements in a meals processor and course of till easy. Scrape sides down a couple of instances ot guarantee every part is blended. Alternatively, if you do not have a meals processor, you may finely chop garlic and parsley and whisk collectively elements.
Retailer dressing within the fridge till wanted. It’ll hold positive for per week at the least.
Making the Broccoli Crunch Salad
Chop broccoli into stalks and florets. Peel stalks and dice into 1/4-inch cubes. Chop florets into bite-sized items. Add to a big bowl and layer in chopped celery, chopped apple, scallion, peanuts, and crumbled feta.
Drizzle salad with dressing proper earlier than serving.
Serving: 1bowlEnergy: 334kcalCarbohydrates: 30gProtein: 14gFats: 21gSaturated Fats: 4gPolyunsaturated Fats: 4gMonounsaturated Fats: 12gLdl cholesterol: 10mgSodium: 447mgPotassium: 864mgFiber: 8gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 1616IUVitamin C: 197mgCalcium: 132mgIron: 3mg
Did you make this?
Snap a photograph and tag @macheesmo so I can see your work.