This web site might comprise affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we will present recipes to you. Learn my disclosure policy.
This pleasant Asian Cucumber Salad is a mix of flavors, making a refreshing dish that’s completed with a sprinkle of crimson pepper flakes and sesame seeds. It makes the right snack or aspect dish to enrich any meal.
Do you’re keen on cucumbers as a lot as I do? I can’t resist the scrumptious crunch they provide to each recipe! Take a look at this yummy Cucumber Sandwich, this simple Italian Avocado Cucumber Tomato Salad or this contemporary Cucumber Avocado Salad for extra scrumptious methods to make use of up these cucumbers!
What’s Asian Cucumber Salad?
Alright, the place are my cucumber lovers at? If you happen to love this veggie, then you will go loopy over this scrumptious (and simple!) recipe. This Asian Cucumber Salad is a lightweight and engaging dish. It begins with English cucumbers, that are thinly sliced after which mixed with a mixture of flavors that create a refreshing and crunchy texture. As a result of the dressing is much like a marinade, the flavour will get stronger the longer it sits and absorbs all the flavors.
Earlier than serving, this salad is usually garnished with crimson pepper flakes and sesame seeds. I like so as to add these as a result of it brings a touch of spiciness (don’t fear, it’s not too scorching!) and a yummy crunch. The consequence is an easy but flavorful aspect dish or appetizer that’s particularly excellent throughout hotter months.
Components in Asian Cucumber Salad
These substances are contemporary, and scrumptious and pair so effectively collectively. The cucumbers present the pleasant crunch that all of us love, and the seasonings are out-of-this-world scrumptious! Take a look at the recipe card on the backside of the put up for all the actual measurements.
- English Cucumbers: These thinly sliced cucumbers present a refreshing and crisp base for the salad, making it juicy and crunchy.
- Salt: The salt helps to attract out extra moisture from the cucumbers and makes positive they aren’t too watery.
- Inexperienced Onions: These add a gentle onion taste and a pop of colour to the salad.
- Rice Vinegar: Rice vinegar provides a tangy and barely candy taste.
- Sesame Oil: Sesame oil has a wealthy, nutty taste that goes effectively with the opposite substances.
- Soy Sauce: Soy sauce gives a savory umami taste and provides somewhat extra saltiness.
- Minced Garlic: Are you able to ever go unsuitable including garlic to a dish?!
- Sugar: A small quantity of sugar balances the flavors.
- Pink Pepper Flakes: These flakes add a contact of warmth and spiciness to the salad which provides it a refined kick.
- Sesame Seeds: Sesame seeds supply a fragile crunch and are excellent for a garnish.
How one can Make Asian Cucumber Salad
Upon getting your cucumbers thinly sliced, this salad takes lower than 5 minutes to throw collectively! The longer you let it sit with the dressing, the extra it marinates and soaks in all the yummy flavors.
- Slice and Chill: Thinly slice the cucumbers, then add salt and gently toss to mix. Then, chill within the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Make Dressing: Mix the onions, vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, and sugar in a small bowl. Stir effectively, ensuring that the sugar is totally dissolved.
- Drain: Drain the salt water from the cucumber. Don’t rinse the cucumbers. Simply take away the surplus water.
- Mix and Toss: Pour the dressing over the cucumber slices, then toss to coat the cucumbers.
- Garnish: Garnish with crushed crimson pepper flakes and sesame seeds, after which serve instantly.
Suggestions and Variations
Right here are some things you are able to do to modify issues up on this Asian Cucumber Salad. Make it spicier, gluten-free, and even add in some extra crunch!
- Soak in Salt: Including salt to the sliced cucumbers is vital. It attracts out the additional moisture within the cucumbers creating drier and crunchier cucumbers.
- Gluten-Free: If you happen to can’t have gluten, then use tamari rather than soy sauce for a gluten-free choice.
- Cucumber Choices: Japanese cucumbers are the normal kind to make use of for this salad, however they will generally be tough to seek out. I used English cucumbers, that are related. In case you have some, then you may as well use mini cucumbers in a pinch.
- Add Peanuts: Chopped peanuts add extra crunch and taste!
- Make it Spicer: Add a teaspoon of garlic chili paste to the dressing for additional warmth.
- Serve Chilled: Chilled is at all times the easiest way to serve this Asian cucumber salad. It provides the dressing time to mix with all the flavors. Plus, it additionally creates a crunchy, crisp texture to the chilled cucumbers.
Can You Retailer Leftovers?
Asian Cucumber Salad is finest loved shortly after making it, because the textures and flavors are at their peak when freshly ready. Take into account that the salad may not keep as crisp and contemporary after a day or two, because the cucumbers can launch moisture and soften over time.
Pin this now to seek out it later
Thinly slice the cucumbers, then add salt and gently toss to mix. Chill within the fridge for 20 minutes.
Mix the onions, vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, and sugar. Stir effectively ensuring that the sugar is totally dissolved.
Drain the salt water from the cucumber. Don’t rinse the cucumbers. Simply take away the surplus water.
Pour the dressing over the cucumber slices, then toss to coat the cucumbers.
Garnish with crushed crimson pepper flakes and sesame seeds. Serve instantly.
Serving: 1gEnergy: 40kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 1gFats: 1gSaturated Fats: 0.2gPolyunsaturated Fats: 0.4gMonounsaturated Fats: 0.3gSodium: 172mgPotassium: 234mgFiber: 1gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 187IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 29mgIron: 0.5mg
Diet info is routinely calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.