This web site could comprise affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we will present recipes to you. Learn my disclosure policy.
Tender shredded hen rolled in gentle tortillas with melty Monterey Jack cheese, all smothered in a wealthy and savory mole sauce. These mole enchiladas are a hearty, flavor-packed dinner that you just’ll need seconds and thirds of.
Enchiladas are at all times a success with the household. What’s to not love? They’re tacky, meaty, and topped with probably the most scrumptious sauces. A couple of extra recipes so as to add to the dinner lineup: white chicken enchiladas, pork enchiladas, or chicken enchiladas with avocado cream sauce!
Rooster Mole Enchiladas
Alright, image this: mole enchiladas – they’re like a hearty, taste explosion! You’ve obtained this tender, shredded hen blended with this unbelievable mole sauce that’s a mouthwatering combo. And don’t overlook the gooey Monterey Jack cheese!
So, first issues first, we prepare dinner up that hen till it’s tremendous tender, then give it shredding. Now, the true star right here is the mole sauce – it’s this wonderful mix of chocolate, (sure, chocolate!) spices, and a bit of kick of chili. We combine that sauce with the hen and roll all of it up in flour tortillas with a sprinkle of cheese. Pop these infants within the oven till the cheese is all melty and the tortillas are good and heat. Then, the grand finale: crumbly Cojita cheese, recent cilantro, zingy purple onion, and creamy avocado on high. You’re going to like each chew.
Components You’ll Want
Think about tender shreds of hen, drenched on this wealthy and barely candy mole sauce that’s obtained a little bit of a spicy kick. All of that goodness will get wrapped up in tortillas, with gooey Monterey Jack cheese, after which topped with cool avocado, zesty cilantro, crunchy purple onion, and a sprinkle of crumbled Cojita cheese. Hungry but?
- Rooster, Cooked and Shredded: Suppose tender hen that’s been cooked till it’s tremendous straightforward to drag aside. It’s the meaty filling that’s prepared to take in all of the wonderful mole flavors later.
- Mole Sauce, Ready: This sauce is a mixture of chocolate and spices. Pour it in, and out of the blue your mole enchiladas are wealthy, barely candy, and have a scrumptious kick of spice. You will discover my full recipe for mole sauce here.
- Monterey Jack Cheese, Shredded: This cheese will get all gooey and stretchy when heated up. It’s also possible to use shredded cheddar or pepper jack for those who desire.
- Medium Tortillas: These are the gentle wraps, able to hug the hen, sauce, and cheese. They maintain all the pieces collectively, bringing consolation to each chew. You should use both flour or corn tortillas.
- Avocado, Cilantro, Pink Onion, and Cojita Cheese (for serving): These are all the toppings that I used. Creamy avocado cools issues down, cilantro and purple onion add a bit of zing, and crumbled Cojita cheese finishes it off with some salty goodness. Be happy to swap out toppings to style!
The way to Make Mole Enchiladas
It’s truly tremendous straightforward to whip up these mole enchiladas, and so they solely take 20 minutes to bake! So long as you’ve obtained some homemade mole sauce able to go, prep for these enchiladas is a breeze.
- Put together Rooster and Sauce: Cook dinner and shred the hen and put together the mole sauce forward of time so the meeting is straightforward. Utilizing a rotisserie hen makes it straightforward as nicely.
- Preheat Oven: Preheat the oven to 350 levels Fahrenheit after which spray a medium-sized baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Coat Rooster: Add the shredded hen and 1/2 cup mole sauce to a big bowl. Toss to coat the hen.
- Add Sauce to Pan: Coat the underside of the baking dish with 1/2 cup ready mole sauce.
- Add Filling to Tortillas: Place 3/4 cup of the hen and mole combination in the course of every tortilla. Then sprinkle with 1/4 cup shredded cheese.
- Assemble: Roll up the tortillas tightly and place seam-side down within the ready baking dish.
- Cowl With Sauce: As soon as all the enchiladas are place into the baking dish, pour the remaining sauce down the center of the tortillas.
- Bake: Bake for 20 minutes or till the cheese is melted and the enchiladas are sizzling.
- Serve With Your Favourite Toppings: Take away from the oven after which high with cotija cheese, cilantro, purple onion, and sliced avocado.
Ideas and Scrumptious Variations
Stage up your mole enchiladas with these easy suggestions and tips! I’ve additionally included some variations and serving ideas to make them your personal. You’re going to like them as a lot as I do.
- Precooked Rooster: If you happen to’re brief on time, seize a rotisserie hen from the shop. Shred it up, and also you’re good to go. Straightforward peasy!
- Retailer-Purchased Mole: Don’t stress for those who can’t make mole sauce from scratch. Good-quality store-bought mole sauce works nice too. Simply give it a style and alter the seasoning if wanted.
- Cheese Swap: Swap out Monterey Jack for cheddar or Mexican mix cheese for a scrumptious twist.
- Extra Nice Toppings: Queso fresco, bitter cream, diced chiles, refried beans, black beans, and salsa verde are all nice choices.
- Double the Batch: Mole enchiladas are implausible as leftovers. Make a giant batch, and also you’ll have a scrumptious meal able to go for an additional day.
So, how lengthy can you retain these tasty mole enchiladas round? Effectively, for those who pop them within the fridge in an hermetic container, they’re good to go for about 3-4 days. Oh, and for those who’ve obtained some leftovers with all these toppings like avocado and cilantro, maintain them separate from the enchiladas in order that they keep recent.
To Reheat: If you happen to’re in a rush, the microwave’s your greatest buddy. Simply cowl them with a moist paper towel to maintain issues moist and prepare dinner for 30 second intervals till they’re sizzling. Or, for some additional love, pop them into the oven at round 350 levels F (175°C), coated with aluminum foil to maintain the magic inside. Cook dinner for about 15-20 minutes.
Can Mole Enchiladas Be Frozen?
Sure! Maintain them in an hermetic bag or container and so they’ll keep good for 1-2 months. Thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating within the oven.
Pin this now to seek out it later
Cook dinner and shred the hen and put together the mole sauce forward of time so the meeting is straightforward. Utilizing a rotisserie hen makes it straightforward as nicely.
Preheat the oven to 350 levels Fahrenheit and spray a medium -sized baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Add the shredded hen and 1/2 cup mole sauce o a big bowl. Toss to coat the hen.
Coat the underside of the baking dish with 1/2 cup ready mole sauce.
Place 3/4 cup of the hen and mole combination in the course of every tortilla. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup shredded cheese.
Roll up the tortillas tightly and place within the ready baking dish.
As soon as all the enchiladas are place into the baking dish, pour the remaining sauce down the center of the tortillas.
Bake for 20 minutes or till the cheese is melted and the enchiladas are sizzling.
Take away from the oven and high with cotija cheese, cilantro, purple onion, and sliced avocado.
Serving: 1enchiladaEnergy: 343kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 32gFats: 14gSaturated Fats: 7gPolyunsaturated Fats: 1gMonounsaturated Fats: 4gTrans Fats: 0.01gLdl cholesterol: 89mgSodium: 1200mgPotassium: 430mgFiber: 2gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 781IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 260mgIron: 2mg
Diet info is robotically calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.