This healthful tomato pasta recipe makes a beautiful weeknight dinner! This feel-good recipe is heat, comforting, and frivolously creamy, however not heavy.
It’s bursting with Mediterranean flavors—roasted cherry tomatoes, hearty chickpeas, creamy goat cheese, pops of briny olives, and garlic. Each advantages from the warmth of the oven, and the top result’s simply improbable.
I like how this recipe comes collectively and I feel you’ll, too. Principally, we’ll prepare dinner the pasta on the stovetop and roast the remaining elements in a single baking dish. Stir all of it collectively, add contemporary basil, and also you’re able to eat. You’ll have loads of time in between steps to tidy the kitchen or chat.
It’s all the time enjoyable to see how recipes morph over time, and this one is an actual winner. Please give it a try to let me know what you suppose!
Tomato & Chickpea Pasta Ideas
This recipe comes collectively fantastically! You’ll discover the complete recipe under, however listed here are just a few suggestions earlier than you get began.
Select small cherry tomatoes on the retailer, if doable. Grape tomatoes will work if that’s what they’ve. Larger cherry/grape tomatoes have harder pores and skin that may be distracting within the remaining dish.
Remember to salt your pasta cooking water. The water ought to style a little bit salty, however doesn’t have to style “like the ocean” (if you happen to’re taking that phrase actually, you’d have to make use of an unimaginable quantity of salt). Use at the least 1 teaspoon of salt right here, or extra. In my expertise, if pasta water is insufficiently salted, it’s unattainable to get that taste again by including salt later. Most of it will get poured out, anyway.
Organize the garlic cloves (peeled however left entire) in a single nook of the dish. That method, they’re straightforward to search out later. They develop irresistible caramelize taste as they roast, and we’ll merely smash them in opposition to the aspect of the baking dish after we’re carried out.
Leftovers maintain effectively for as much as 4 days. That’s my commonplace time-frame for all recipes of this nature. Leftovers make a terrific lunch, warmed within the microwave and even served chilly like pasta salad.
Watch The way to Make This Pasta
What to Serve with this Pasta
This pasta dish is somewhat hearty and doesn’t want advanced accompaniments. The best possibility is my Super Simple Arugula Salad, which fits with absolutely anything. This Chopped Greek Salad or Vegetarian Italian Chopped Salad would complement these flavors, and you may simplify the additions if you happen to’d like.
Exterior of salads, inexperienced beans are in season together with tomatoes. Strive my Perfect Roasted Green Beans for a easy aspect that may roast within the oven with the tomato combination, or my Green Beans Amandine for a special day.
Extra Tomato Pasta Recipes to Make
All of those contemporary pasta recipes make use of ripe summer time tomatoes. Make them when you nonetheless can!
As all the time, please let me know the way the recipe seems within the feedback. I like listening to from you.
Tomato & Chickpea Pasta with Goat Cheese
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: 35 minutes
- Whole Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Class: Pasta
- Methodology: Baked and stovetop
- Delicacies: Mediterranean
- Weight loss plan: Vegetarian
This straightforward pasta recipe options cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, goat cheese, olives and basil! It’s bursting with contemporary Mediterranean flavors. Recipe yields 6 medium servings.
- 8 ounces short-cut pasta noodles
- One 4 to 5 ounce log of goat cheese
- 4 medium cloves garlic, peeled however left entire
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained, or 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 pints (4 cups) cherry tomatoes – smaller tomatoes are higher!
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped (non-obligatory)
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt, to style
- Freshly floor black pepper, to style
- Pinch of crimson pepper flakes (non-obligatory, for warmth)
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced contemporary basil
- Preheat the oven to 425 levels Fahrenheit with a rack within the higher third of the oven. Convey a big pot of salted water to boil and prepare dinner the pasta till tender in response to bundle instructions, then drain and rinse the noodles effectively with cool water.
- Place the goat cheese within the middle of a 9 by 13-inch baking dish. Organize the garlic cloves in a single nook in order that they’re simpler to search out later. Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, and non-obligatory olives across the goat cheese, in that order. Then drizzle the olive oil all around the combination. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt, a number of twists of pepper, and the crimson pepper flakes, if utilizing.
- Bake for 20 minutes on the higher third rack, then place the dish on a heat-safe floor. Gently stir the goat cheese into the tomatoes and tuck the garlic cloves again right down to the underside of the dish.
- Return the dish to the oven and bake for 12 to fifteen extra minutes, till the tomatoes are juicy and shriveling and the goat cheese is beginning to flip golden on prime.
- Take away the dish from the oven. Rigorously, utilizing a fork, discover every of the 4 garlic cloves and smash each in opposition to the aspect of the pan. Gently swirl the cheese and tomatoes collectively.
- Rigorously switch the entire tomato combination to the pot of rinsed and drained pasta. Style, and add a pinch or two of salt if desired (if you happen to omitted the olives, it’s your decision much more).
- Sprinkle throughout with contemporary basil. Serve heat, or let the pasta cool to room temperature earlier than refrigerating it for later. Leftovers maintain effectively, lined and refrigerated, for as much as 4 days.
▸ Diet Data
Did you make this recipe?