This web site might include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my disclosure policy.
Sluggish cooker Swedish meatballs braised in a wealthy and flavorful cream sauce. A mixture of floor beef, pork, and heat spices make for a comforting and satisfying dish. Function a simple appetizer or hearty meal paired with mashed potatoes or egg noodles!
Crockpot Swedish Meatballs
I’m so excited to share this comforting sluggish cooker Swedish meatballs recipe with you. Let’s break it down- there are a pair key secrets and techniques to creating meatballs which are additional juicy and tender. You’ve acquired to throw in a panade (fancy phrase for a starchy paste that makes them additional scrumptious), after which allow them to simmer gently, cooking low and sluggish. (The sluggish cooker does all of the work right here!) I’ve accomplished tons of testing, so that you’ll get that good texture and taste each time you whip this up.
Utilizing an electric slow cooker is the right vessel for braising meat over an extended time period. In comparison with a range prime, the heating is extra constant and by no means will get above the boiling level. In different phrases, your meatballs gained’t get overcooked! They’ll be good and tender, not powerful and dry. The spiced meatballs simmer in a evenly thickened beef broth, then cream is added on the finish of cooking for some additional richness. I like this recipe as a result of it’s just about hands-off and successful with the household each time. Let’s get began!
Components Wanted for Sluggish Cooker Swedish Meatballs
Swedish meatballs are all in regards to the good mixture of elements! From juicy meatballs to a wealthy, flavorful sauce, every ingredient under performs an important position in making this dish so tasty. Try the recipe card on the finish of the submit for measurements.
- Frozen Meatballs, Precooked: Frozen meatballs make making ready this dish so easy!
- Butter: Provides richness and taste to the sauce.
- Flour: Used to make the panade and thicken the sauce.
- Beef Broth: Offers a savory base for the sauce. Mushroom or vegetable broth can even work, however it can change the general taste of the dish barely.
- Heavy Cream: Provides creaminess and richness to the sauce. You can too use half and half for one thing a bit of lighter.
- Worcestershire Sauce: Enhances the flavour of those sluggish cooker Swedish meatballs with a tangy and savory style.
- Dijon Mustard: So the sauce has a bit of additional tanginess and zing.
- Spices: I used a splash of allspice and nutmegs to offer the meatballs a heat taste.
- Salt and Pepper: Make the sluggish cooker Swedish meatballs style higher total.
- Noodles: Function a base for the Swedish meatballs, absorbing all that scrumptious sauce.
Easy methods to Make Swedish Meatballs in a Sluggish Cooker
This recipe takes a bit of little bit of prep work initially, however then it’s off to the sluggish cooker to let it work its magic! Whereas these Swedish meatballs prepare dinner low and sluggish, you’ll be able to go about your day after which come house to a hearty and scrumptious meal.
- Add Meatballs to Sluggish Cooker: Spray the sluggish cooker with non-stick cooking spray then place the frozen meatballs within the backside of the sluggish cooker.
- Butter and Flour Combination: For the sauce, soften the butter in a medium skillet over medium-high warmth. Add the flour and whisk to create a paste.
- Add Liquids: Slowly stir in beef broth and heavy cream.
- Combine in Spices and Seasonings: Stir within the Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, allspice, and nutmeg. Carry to a simmer till the sauce begins to thicken. Then season with salt and pepper to style.
- Pour Into Sluggish Cooker: Pour the sauce over the meatballs.
- Cook dinner: Cowl and prepare dinner the meatballs for two hours on excessive, or low for 4 to five hours.
- Serve: Garnish the Swedish meatballs with parsley, and serve with mashed potatoes or egg noodles.
Hold Your Meatballs Heat
You possibly can maintain the meatballs within the pot on the nice and cozy setting till able to serve. This sluggish cooker technique of Swedish meatballs is tremendous handy for making forward of meal time, events, or potlucks.
Suggestions and Variations for Sluggish Cooker Swedish Meatballs
Customise your sluggish cooker Swedish meatballs simply the best way you want them with these additional ideas and methods!
- Customise Sauce Thickness: Regulate the flour quantity to manage the thickness of the sauce. For a thicker sauce, add a bit extra flour; for a lighter one, use much less.
- Make it Extra Creamy: In case you love a creamier sauce, improve the quantity of heavy cream and even add a dollop of bitter cream for an additional creamy end.
- Serve With Lingonberry Sauce: In case you’ve ever had the meatballs from Ikea, you’re in all probability conversant in this, however lingonberry jam or sauce is a standard condiment served with this dish. It provides a bit of tangy sweetness that balances out the richness of Swedish meatballs.
To avoid wasting your leftover Swedish meatballs, allow them to quiet down and pop them in a sealed container within the fridge. They’ll keep good for 3-4 days. Once you’re able to dig in once more, you’ll be able to heat them up within the microwave with a splash of water or toss them in a pan on the range. Simply maintain stirring and heating till they’re good and sizzling. Take pleasure in your tasty leftovers, however bear in mind to gobble them up inside just a few days!
Pin this now to search out it later
Spray the sluggish cooker with non-stick cooking spray then place the frozen meatballs within the backside of the sluggish cooker.
For the sauce, soften the butter in a medium skillet over medium-high warmth. Add the flour and whisk to create a paste.
Slowly stir in beef broth and heavy cream.
Stir within the Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, allspice, and nutmeg. Carry to a simmer till the sauce begins to thicken. Season with salt and pepper to style.
Pour the sauce over the meatballs.
Cowl and prepare dinner the meatballs for two hours on excessive, or low for 4 to five hours.
Garnish the Swedish meatballs with parsley, and serve with mashed potatoes or egg noodles.
Up to date on October 2, 2023
Energy: 522kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 22gFats: 46gSaturated Fats: 23gPolyunsaturated Fats: 3gMonounsaturated Fats: 16gTrans Fats: 0.3gLdl cholesterol: 147mgSodium: 478mgPotassium: 437mgFiber: 0.1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 827IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 53mgIron: 2mg
Diet info is robotically calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.