This web site might include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we will present recipes to you. Learn my disclosure policy.
Scrumptious and candy caramelized onions inside this extremely creamy and tacky onion and bacon dip! With the added crispy bacon and melted Romano cheese, this dip is bound to be an enormous hit at your subsequent get together!
Aren’t gooey, tacky dips the very best? When you pull them out of the oven, nobody can resist! After you make this wonderful caramelized onion and bacon dip, you’ll must check out just a few of my different favorites: hot corn dip, spinach and artichoke dip, and provoleta!
Scrumptious Onion and Bacon Dip
Caramelized onions are severely one among my favourite methods to eat onions. Even for those who aren’t an enormous onion lover, you might have received to strive them caramelized. It takes the chew out of the onion and makes them candy with a smoky taste. So wonderful
Now think about these caramelized onions in a dip. With cream cheese, mayonnaise, and shredded Romano cheese all melted collectively. Oh and don’t neglect the bacon! The flavors on this onion and bacon dip are so scrumptious and addicting I can by no means appear to get sufficient! So seize your favourite crackers and toasted bread, that is one ooey-gooey, bubbly dip you don’t wish to miss.
That is every little thing you’ll must make a tacky, bacon-filled dip that’s full of taste! Belief me, you’re going to like the flavour that this mixture of substances creates. Actual measurements may be discovered within the recipe card on the finish of the put up.
- Olive Oil: That is used for cooking the onions in. You could possibly swap it with canola or vegetable oil, no matter you might have readily available!
- Candy Onions: Candy onions convey that pretty sweet-savory vibe, making the dip totally irresistible. Should you can’t discover candy onions, common yellow ones will do, however they received’t convey that very same candy kick.
- Water: Helps the onions caramelize to perfection with out burning.
- Cream Cheese: Provides creaminess and a pleasant tang that makes the dip so good. Bitter cream or Greek yogurt will even work, retaining that creamy texture with a touch of tangy goodness.
- Mayonnaise: So the onion bacon dip has a bit additional creaminess.
- Grated Romano Cheese: That is the flavour booster, including a salty, nutty kick that takes the dip up a notch. Grated parmesan has an identical taste and texture, so you should use that as an alternative.
- Bacon: Bacon provides that smoky, crispy attraction that’s unimaginable to withstand. I like utilizing precooked bacon to make this dip even simpler to organize.
- Salt and Pepper: Season to style!
Onion and Bacon Dip Recipe
This onion bacon dip is tremendous straightforward to make, however it does want a bit little bit of prep. You’ve received to get these caramelized onions simply proper! It’s what makes the flavour so good.
- Caramelize Your Onions: In a medium-sized skillet add oil, onions, and water. Cook dinner over medium excessive warmth till browned and caramelized including extra water as wanted. Be affected person, it can take about 45 minutes for the onions to succeed in a darkish caramelized coloration.
- Preheat Oven: Preheat oven to 350 levels Fahrenheit.
- Mix Mayo and Cream Cheese: In a medium bowl, cream collectively the mayonnaise and softened cream cheese.
- Combine in Remaining Elements: Stir within the 1/2 cup Romano cheese, bacon crumbles, and caramelized onions.
- Add to Baking Dish: Unfold right into a baking dish and high with remaining 1/4 cup romano cheese.
- Bake: Bake in a preheated oven for about 20-Half-hour or till the highest is golden brown.
Be Affected person When Cooking Your Onions!
The caramelized onions do take a while and persistence. As quickly as they flip that golden brown coloration and caramelize they’re properly well worth the wait. They’re the right addition to this creamy and tacky dip. It form of jogged my memory of all of the issues that I really like about French onion soup inside a dip!
Ideas for Making the Greatest Onion and Bacon Dip
Listed below are just a few additional methods to verify your tip seems completely. Everybody will desire a style! It’s good for sport days, potlucks, events, you title it.
- Sluggish and Regular Caramelization: I do know I’ve mentioned it earlier than, however that is tremendous vital. When caramelizing onions, persistence is vital. Allow them to prepare dinner low and sluggish for that wealthy, candy taste. Don’t rush it—about 45 minutes ought to do the trick.
- Get That Creamy Consistency: When mixing the cream cheese and mayo, be sure the combination is sweet and easy. You wish to keep away from lumps right here. A hand mixer or some elbow grease will do the trick.
- Don’t Go Simple on the Cheese: Add extra cheese than you assume you want. A thick layer on high is what is going to make the dip so bubbly and scrumptious. Additionally, used freshly grated Romano for those who can! The preservatives in pre-shredded cheese preserve it from melting as properly.
- Cook dinner Till Golden Brown: Bake till the highest is superbly golden brown. That’s when you already know it’s able to be devoured.
- Serve With: Any substantial cracker or chip will work right here. This dip is fairly thick so that you wish to be sure your crackers don’t break whereas dipping. Pita chips and crostini are my favourite!
How Lengthy Does Onion Bacon Dip Final?
That is a type of appetizers that’s finest served contemporary out of the oven. This manner, the cheese is all bubbly and stretchy and the onions are heat and comfortable!
If you find yourself with leftovers, you’ll be able to retailer them lined within the fridge for as much as 2 days. Reheat within the microwave or oven on low warmth till the cheese is melted. This onion and bacon dip doesn’t freeze properly.
Pin this now to search out it later
In a medium sized skillet add oil, onions, and water. Cook dinner over medium excessive warmth till browned and caramelized including extra water as wanted. Be affected person, it can take about 45 minutes for the onions to succeed in a darkish caramelized coloration.
Preheat oven to 350 levels Fahrenheit.
In a medium bowl, cream collectively the mayonnaise and softened cream cheese.
Stir within the 1/2 cup romano cheese, bacon crumbles, and caramelized onions.
Unfold right into a baking dish and high with remaining 1/4 cup romano cheese.
Bake in a preheated oven for about 20-Half-hour or till the highest is golden brown.
Up to date on October 9, 2023
Energy: 324kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 7gFats: 27gSaturated Fats: 9gLdl cholesterol: 43mgSodium: 323mgPotassium: 260mgFiber: 1gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 306IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 123mgIron: 1mg
Diet data is routinely calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.