This web site could include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we will present recipes to you. Learn my disclosure policy.
Crockpot Mississippi Rooster is all about fork-tender, juicy rooster that’s bursting with taste. You’ve acquired zesty pepperoncini peppers, ranch seasoning, au jus combine, and butter that sluggish cooks with it for some critically superb taste. It’s the proper Southern consolation meal!
This slow cooker Mississippi pot roast is a reader-favorite recipe, so naturally I made a decision to make a model with tender and juicy rooster! It’s tremendous simple to arrange (simply set it and overlook it!) and your loved ones will love its taste. Serve it up with some buttery mashed potatoes for a meal they’ll go loopy over!
Sluggish Cooker Mississippi Rooster (Tender and Juicy!)
Identical to its pork counterpart, this Crockpot Mississippi Rooster has shortly turn into a household favourite, and I couldn’t resist making a rooster model that’s simply as tender and juicy! The very best half? It’s a breeze to whip up. Merely set it and let the sluggish cooker do the remainder. Your loved ones is in for a deal with with this dish. The rooster is loaded with mouthwatering flavors, because of the tangy pepperoncini peppers, ranch seasoning, and au jus combine. Serve it over some creamy mashed potatoes or steamed rice, and also you’ve acquired a meal that’ll have everybody singing its praises. You may additionally do cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles for a low carb, keto model of this dish.
Image this: it’s a busy weeknight, and also you’re craving a hearty, satisfying dinner with out all of the fuss. That’s the place this Crockpot Mississippi Rooster involves the rescue! It’s the last word consolation meals that virtually cooks itself, placing extra time again into your day. So, toss these components within the sluggish cooker, and prepare for a tasty meal that everybody will need seconds of!
This recipe is Choosy Eater Accepted!
This Mississippi rooster recipe is nice as a result of it solely makes use of a handful of easy components. I do know you’ll love this taste mixture simply as a lot as I do! It’s zesty, savory, and wealthy! Observe: actual measurements are within the recipe card on the finish of the publish.
- Boneless and Skinless Rooster Breasts: That is the principle ingredient which turns into tremendous tender and engaging because it cooks slowly. Rooster thighs may also work.
- Pepperoncini Peppers: These peppers add a tangy and barely spicy taste. In case you don’t like a variety of warmth, don’t fear! They solely add a really gentle spice. About the identical as a bell pepper.
- Pepperoncini Juice From the Jar: The juice from the pepperoncini peppers makes the dish tangy and flavorful.
- Ranch Seasoning Powder: Add some ranch dressing combine so the rooster has scrumptious, savory taste.
- Au Jus Mix: The au jus brown gravy combine provides additional savory taste and richness to the Crockpot Mississippi rooster.
- Unsalted Butter, Lower Into Items: The butter makes the dish wealthy and buttery, making certain the rooster stays moist and engaging because it sluggish cooks.
Making Mississippi Rooster within the Crockpot
It doesn’t get any less complicated than this! Crockpot Mississippi rooster doesn’t require any additional prep, simply throw every part within the sluggish cooker and let it work its magic!
- Spray With Cooking Spray: Spray the underside of the crockpot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add Rooster: Add the rooster breasts to the crockpot.
- Add Peppers and Juice: Pour within the pepperoncini juice after which add the peppers on/across the rooster.
- Sprinkle With Seasonings: Sprinkle the rooster with the ranch and au jus seasonings then place the items of butter on high.
- Sluggish Cook dinner: Cowl and prepare dinner for 3-4 hours on excessive or 6-8 hours on low.
- Shred and Serve: Shred the rooster then stir into the sauce. Then serve over mashed potatoes and luxuriate in!
Mississippi Rooster for Sandwiches
As soon as your Crockpot Mississippi rooster is shredded, it’s nice for including to a bun with some provolone cheese! This makes for a hearty and flavorful sandwich. You’ll like it!
Can I Cook dinner Mississippi Rooster in an Instantaneous Pot?
Sure! Though sluggish cooking your rooster makes it additional tender, utilizing an Instantaneous Pot is a good possibility should you’re quick on time.
- Sear: (Elective) Seize your Instantaneous Pot and set it to “Sauté.” Put a bit of oil in there and provides your rooster breasts a fast sear on each side to lock within the tasty juices. Then take the rooster out and set it apart.
- Sauce Combination: Throw within the pepperoncini peppers, pepperoncini juice, ranch seasoning powder, au jus combine, and the butter. Stir till mixed.
- Add Rooster Again In: Put the rooster again into the combo.
- Strain Cook dinner: Shut the Instantaneous Pot with the lid, set the valve to “Sealing,” and change it to “Guide” or “Strain Cook dinner.” Then set the timer for about 20 minutes at excessive stress.
- Launch Strain: When the timer’s accomplished, anticipate about 10-Quarter-hour for the stress to naturally go down a bit. Then, fastidiously set free any leftover steam with a fast launch.
- Serve: Open the Instantaneous Pot, and also you’ve acquired your self some tasty Mississippi Rooster able to get pleasure from!
If in case you have leftover Mississippi rooster, simply pop it in an hermetic container and reserve it for later. It is going to keep good for 3-4 days within the fridge. Once you’re able to get pleasure from it once more, simply pop it within the microwave or heat in a skillet on medium warmth!
Pin this now to seek out it later
Spray the underside of the crockpot with nonstick cooking spray.
Add the rooster breasts to the crockpot.
Pour within the pepperoncini juice after which add the peppers on/across the rooster.
Sprinkle the rooster with the ranch and au jus seasonings then place the items of butter on high.
Cowl and prepare dinner for 3-4 hours on excessive or 6-8 hours on low.
Shred the rooster then stir into the sauce. Serve over mashed potatoes and luxuriate in!
Serving: 1cupEnergy: 313kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 33gFats: 19gSaturated Fats: 11gPolyunsaturated Fats: 1gMonounsaturated Fats: 5gTrans Fats: 1gLdl cholesterol: 137mgSodium: 193mgPotassium: 607mgFiber: 1gSugar: 0.3gVitamin A: 575IUVitamin C: 16mgCalcium: 14mgIron: 1mg
Diet info is routinely calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.