This web site might comprise affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my disclosure policy.
Discover the style of the South with this straightforward White BBQ Sauce recipe. With only a handful of substances, together with mayonnaise, vinegar, and spices, this creamy and tangy sauce provides a flavorful twist to your favourite veggies, fries, or rooster!
Home made sauces are the most effective! For some extra scrumptious and simple sauce recipes, check out this Creamy Tuscan Garlic Sauce, this spicy Sriracha Sauce or this scrumptious Homemade Alfredo Sauce.
What’s Alabama White BBQ Sauce?
As you’ll be able to most likely guess, this white barbecue sauce recipe hails from the South! Particularly Alabama. Not like conventional tomato-based barbecue sauces (attempt my selfmade BBQ sauce here!) Alabama White BBQ Sauce is mayonnaise-based, which provides it the proper creamy texture. As a result of it makes use of some vinegar, lemon, and some different spices, this recipe tends to be a bit on the spicy aspect, so it’s greatest used as a dipping sauce for fried or grilled meats or perhaps a scrumptious salad dressing.
Though this began in Alabama, it’s now seen everywhere as a result of it’s so scrumptious! I’m telling you, use this sauce as a dip in your wings or fried chicken, and you’ll by no means return to common BBQ sauce once more!
Substances in White BBQ Sauce
These few easy substances combined collectively take advantage of scrumptious sauce! Try the recipe card on the backside of the submit for the entire precise measurements.
- Mayonnaise: The might base of this sauce supplies a easy texture and a delicate egg taste.
- White Vinegar: This provides a scrumptious tangy and acidic taste.
- Lemon Juice: The lemon juice brightens the flavour of the sauce
- Spicy Brown Mustard: With a tiny trace of warmth, the spicy brown mustard provides some taste.
- Worcestershire Sauce: This savory sauce provides umami to the white BBQ sauce.
- Brown Sugar: The brown sugar provides some sweetness to steadiness out the tang and spice from the opposite substances.
- Garlic Powder: You possibly can’t go improper with a touch of garlic!
- Cayenne Pepper: This provides a delicate kick with out overwhelming the opposite flavors within the White BBQ sauce.
- Kosher Salt: This enhances the flavors within the recipe.
- Black Pepper: This provides a light spiciness to the sauce.
Methods to Make White BBQ Sauce
Not solely is that this recipe scrumptious, but it surely’s SO straightforward! You don’t even want to purchase it on the retailer anymore. Making it at house is so significantly better!
- Mix and Whisk: Add the entire substances to a medium bowl and whisk to mix.
- Modify Seasonings: Style and modify the seasonings to your choice.
Suggestions and Variations
This scrumptious White BBQ Sauce recipe is ideal as is, however my favourite half about making this sauce at house is you’ll be able to modify the flavour to your liking! Listed below are a couple of methods to alter issues up.
- Horseradish Cream: Historically, this sauce makes use of a small quantity of ready horseradish cream. Add one teaspoon when you’re into this taste and need a bit kick!
- Make it Spicer: If you happen to like spice, add a splash of sizzling sauce or enhance the cayenne pepper.
- Make it Gentle: To make it a bit extra gentle in taste, lower the cayenne pepper and use common or Dijon mustard as an alternative.
Methods to Retailer Leftovers
When you’ve got leftovers of this White BBQ Sauce (or wish to make it forward of time), you’ll be able to simply retailer it in an hermetic jar or container in your fridge. It can final for about one week.
Pin this now to search out it later
Serving: 2tablepsoonsEnergy: 200kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 0.4gFats: 21gSaturated Fats: 3gPolyunsaturated Fats: 13gMonounsaturated Fats: 5gTrans Fats: 0.1gLdl cholesterol: 12mgSodium: 279mgPotassium: 19mgFiber: 0.1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 46IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 6mgIron: 0.1mg
Diet info is mechanically calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.