This web site might comprise affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my disclosure policy.
In the event you’re within the temper for some severe consolation meals with a twist, this Brunswick Stew is the way in which to go. It’s received scorching onions and garlic, BBQ sauce, and tender pulled pork multi functional pot! Add a little bit of cayenne for some zing and candy corn and lima beans for texture. This mix of substances is so hearty and makes the greatest fall meal!
‘Tis the season for soups and stews! In the event you’re in search of extra tasty methods to heat your self up from the inside-out, do this reader-favorite chili, Guinness beef stew, or Hungarian goulash!
Brunswick Stew Recipe
Let’s speak Brunswick Stew. This tasty dish comes from Brunswick, Georgia, and it’s like an enormous, heat meals hug. (Significantly, it’s so cozy!) You’ve received pulled pork, BBQ sauce, candy corn, and beans all cooking collectively to scrumptious perfection.
This stew has a little bit of kick from the cayenne pepper, however it’s not too spicy. The entire household can take pleasure in it! So, why do you have to strive it? Effectively, if you happen to haven’t already, you’re lacking out on a slice of down-home, smoky goodness that’ll make your style buds bounce for pleasure. It’s good for cozy weeknight dinners and could have everybody in your loved ones wanting a second bowl. The flavour is simply so good!
Brunswick Stew Ingredient Record
Collect up all these substances and mix them to create essentially the most hearty, scrumptious Brunswick stew!
- Butter (Unsalted): Provides a wealthy and creamy base to the stew. Salted butter additionally works, simply omit the additional salt added later.
- Yellow Onion: Finely chopped so your stew has candy and savory taste all all through.
- Garlic: Use recent minced garlic to provide this stew irresistible taste.
- Hen Inventory: Hen inventory is the muse of the stew. It makes it wealthy and savory.
- Fire Roasted Tomatoes: So the stew has a scrumptious smoky taste.
- Tomato Paste: For extra concentrated tomato taste.
- Barbecue Sauce: That is what provides Brunswick stew its distinct taste. Make your own BBQ sauce or use your favourite jarred sort!
- Worcestershire Sauce: So the stew has a extra advanced, umami taste.
- Candy Corn: So as to add scrumptious texture to the stew.
- Lima Beans: Add protein and a creamy texture.
- Cayenne Pepper: Only a pinch of cayenne pepper brings a delicate spicy warmth that retains issues thrilling. In the event you prefer it scorching, add extra to style. To make your stew extra gentle, use much less or omit it fully.
- Salt and Pepper: Alter the flavour to your liking!
- Smoked Pulled Pork: A BBQ traditional, pulled pork provides smoky, meaty goodness to the stew.
Let’s Make Some Stew!
Brunswick stew solely takes quarter-hour to organize, then all it is advisable to do is let the substances simmer collectively and get all scrumptious. It’s simple to make massive portions of, good for potlucks, barbecues, vacation dinners, you identify it!
- Sauté Onions and Garlic: Warmth the butter in a big pot over medium excessive warmth. Then sauté the onions within the butter till they’re tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add Substances to Pot: To the pot add the tomatoes, tomato paste, barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, corn, lima beans, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, and pulled pork.
- Prepare dinner: Stir every thing collectively till it’s all nicely integrated. Carry the stew to a boil then scale back the warmth to low. Cowl the pot and simmer the stew for about an hour.
- Serve: Take away the stew from warmth after which serve recent with additional BBQ sauce drizzled over the top.
Brunswick stew is super easy to customize with what you have in the fridge. Here are a few simple ways to switch things up!
- Make it Spicy: For a spicier stew, add additional cayenne pepper, or fresh minced jalapeno peppers! You could also add a splash of your favorite hot sauce.
- Make it Meaty: Throw in some sliced smoked sausage for an even meatier version of this Brunswick stew.
- Make it Sweet: So your stew is a little sweeter, mix in a tablespoon of brown sugar, and feel free to add more to taste. You could also add a squeeze of honey.
- Use Your Favorite BBQ Sauce: You can use any barbecue sauce of your choice, I used Sweet Baby Ray’s. If you want to go the extra mile you can make it from scratch using this Homemade BBQ Sauce recipe.
- Extra Combine-Ins: Strive including in roasted poblano peppers, black beans, celery, olives, or chopped bell peppers!
Storing Leftover Brunswick Stew
Brunswick stew makes the BEST leftovers. Simply pop it in an hermetic container and stick it within the fridge till you’re able to take pleasure in it once more!
- Within the Fridge: Retailer in a sealed container for as much as 4 days.
- Reheating: Reheat over the range on medium warmth, stirring sometimes till warmed by means of.
Pin this now to seek out it later
Warmth the butter in a big pot over medium excessive warmth. Saute the onions within the butter till they’re tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for an additional 2 minutes.
To the pot add the tomatoes, tomato paste, barbecue sauce, worcestershire sauce, corn, lima beans, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, and pulled pork.
Stir every thing collectively till it’s all nicely integrated. Carry the stew to a boil then scale back the warmth to low. Cowl the pot and simmer the stew for about an hour.
Take away the stew from warmth and serve recent with extra BBQ sauce drizzled excessive.
Energy: 330kcalCarbohydrates: 46gProtein: 11gFats: 12gSaturated Fats: 5gPolyunsaturated Fats: 1gMonounsaturated Fats: 2gTrans Fats: 0.2gLdl cholesterol: 43mgSodium: 1512mgPotassium: 376mgFiber: 1gSugar: 35gVitamin A: 552IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 69mgIron: 2mg
Diet info is robotically calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.