Alabama White Sauce is a southern barbecue staple that originated in North Alabama and is now widespread throughout the nation. It is a creamy, tangy, and wealthy mayo-based white sauce that has only a trace of peppery spice.
This zesty sauce is nice as a dipping sauce for hen wings or pork chops, brushed on smoked hen or pork tenderloin. Irrespective of how you utilize this creamy sauce your loved ones will find it irresistible.
❤️ Why you may love this recipe
- You solely want fundamental elements so you do not have to fret about spending some huge cash at your native grocery retailer.
- Its versatility makes it excellent for including a creamy twist to salads, dipping for French fries, or including to potato salad.
- There are not any tomatoes on this recipe, but it surely nonetheless has a tremendous wealthy taste that’s positive to be successful with your loved ones.
It is the proper mixture of candy and tart, including simply the correct amount of complexity to any dish. Plus, the flavors develop over time so you can also make it forward of time and retailer it within the fridge till you might be prepared to make use of it.
As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Notice: The complete record of this recipe elements with their quantities and choices are within the recipe card under.
- mayonnaise — we love utilizing Duke Mayonnaise.
- apple cider vinegar
- spicy brown mustard — could substitute common brown mustard for the spicy selection.
- brown surgar
- sizzling horseradish — you might also use common ready horseradish if you happen to do not prefer it spicy.
- lemon juice
- Worcestershire sauce
- sizzling sauce
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- freshly floor pepper
Notice: That is an outline of the directions. The complete directions are within the recipe card under.
- Add your mayo to a medium bowl.
- And, then add within the apple cider vinegar and mustard.
- On high of the mustard add the brown sugar and sizzling horseradish.
- Subsequent, add the lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and sizzling sauce to the bowl.
- Add the garlic powder and onion powder to the mayo combination.
- After which, sprinkle on the cayenne pepper.
- Lastly, add the kosher salt and black pepper.
- Whisk all of the elements collectively in a bowl after which switch to a jar and retailer within the fridge for a couple of hours earlier than serving.
The next are affiliate hyperlinks. We’re a participant within the Amazon Companies LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to supply a method for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites.
You’ll want the next gadgets to make this recipe efficiently.
- mixing bowl
- measuring spoons
- measuring cups
- liquid measuring cup
These are the questions we’re most steadily requested about making Alabama White Barbecue Sauce Recipe.
Alabama White BBQ Sauce is product of mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, spicy brown mustard, brown sugar, sizzling horseradish, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, sizzling sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and Kosher salt.
It is a candy, tangy, and creamy sauce that has a touch of spice.
The unique model of the sauce was certainly created in North Alabama, but it surely has developed through the years and may now be discovered all throughout the USA.
No, Alabama White Sauce doesn’t style like ranch. It’s a distinctive mix of mayonnaise, vinegar, lemon juice, black pepper, and cayenne pepper that creates a tangy and barely spicy taste, not like another condiment.
Alabama White Sauce is a tangy and zesty condiment that packs a punch of taste. It has a creamy mayonnaise base mixed with the tartness of vinegar, the brightness of lemon juice, and the spiciness of black pepper and cayenne pepper. This distinctive mix creates a wealthy taste that enhances any dish it’s paired with.
Sure, Alabama White Sauce originated within the south and has turn out to be a staple condiment in lots of households. This creamy sauce is a good addition to any Southern dish and provides a singular taste to something it’s paired with.
- Use a full-fat mayonnaise for probably the most taste on this creamy sauce recipe.
- I prefer to make this creamy bbq sauce prematurely in order that the flavors actually have time to meld collectively and develop within the fridge.
- If you do not have time to make it prematurely don’t fret you should use it straight away if you happen to desire.
- For a creamier model, add some bitter cream or Greek yogurt.
- In the event you like issues additional spicy, add extra cayenne pepper or sizzling sauce.
- Be happy to nice artistic with the seasonings and add roughly to fit your household’s style buds.
Retailer leftovers of the sauce in an hermetic container within the fridge up for to at least one week. I desire to retailer it in a mason jar or dressing bottle.
- In the event you love making selfmade bbq sauce that could be a twist on the basic sauce then subsequent time give this Carolina BBQ Sauce a strive.
- This Spicy Bourbon BBQ Sauce is ideal for a summer season cookout! It has simply the correct amount of kick to make your meals memorable.
- Cilantro Lime Sauce is a scrumptious condiment that can be utilized for a wide range of dishes. It’s made with easy elements and packs a punch of taste.
🍽 Serve with
📞 Chiacchierata (chat)
We had been fortunate sufficient to present white barbeque sauce a strive on a visit down south. And, we rapidly fell in love with the mayo base sauce. It is the proper pairing with so many various meals that I knew I needed to come house and make it myself.
Tutti a tavolo, è pronto!
What’s new? Try my All Our Way Store on Amazon. We’ll be including extra gadgets we love and use or want we needed to make
cooking enjoyable and straightforward.
📝 Recipe Card
This selfmade white bbq sauce is creamy, tangy, and has a contact of warmth. It is the proper sauce for dipping grilled hen and even beef brisket. In the event you’ve by no means tried this creamy sauce, give it a strive at the moment!
In the event you love this recipe please give it 5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.
Straightforward Alabama White BBQ Sauce
Totally different from another bbq sauce, this creamy white bbq sauce, higher generally known as Alabama white sauce, makes use of mayo as a base, together with vinegar, mustard, sugars and peppery spices. A household favourite!
Servings: 12 servings
As An Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ready horseradish I take advantage of a sizzling horseradish
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon sizzling sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. freshly floor pepper— I purchase the restaurant grade black pepper which tastes quite a bit like freshly floor in eating places.
Whisk the entire elements collectively in a small bowl till clean.
Use the white bbq sauce straight away, or switch to a sealable jar and refrigerate a couple of hours to let the flavors develop and meld.
Will final every week within the fridge or longer.
Energy: 264kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fats: 28g | Saturated Fats: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 17g | Monounsaturated Fats: 6g | Trans Fats: 0.1g | Ldl cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 343mg | Potassium: 37mg | Fiber: 0.3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 47IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 0.2mg
Join the emails and by no means miss one other recipe!!
We’ll by no means share your e-mail or ship you spam. Promise