Want a flavor-packed soup that’s mouth-watering and nutritious on the similar time? I’ve you lined with this irresistible Hamburger soup!
This hearty soup is made with browned floor beef (additionally known as hamburger meat), tender potatoes, wealthy broth, tomatoes, aromatics, herbs, seasoning, and wholesome greens. Serve a bowl of this comforting soup alongside crusty bread or grilled cheese sandwiches.
❤️ Why you will love this recipe
- This beef soup recipe is a superb soup to make forward of time because it freezes and reheats effectively.
- This straightforward hamburger soup is fast to make, able to be served in simply half-hour!
- It’s hearty, wholesome, and extremely scrumptious, loaded with nutritious greens, flavorful floor beef, wealthy broth, and fork-tender potatoes.
This hearty hamburger soup with greens is pure consolation in a bowl. You’ll be begging for seconds very quickly!
As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Be aware: The total record of this recipe substances with their quantities and choices are within the recipe card beneath.
- Lean floor beef — chances are you’ll use floor hen, turkey, and even floor venison.
- Onion — use any form you want, not a candy onion.
- Garlic — recent
- Potatoes — we used Yukon gold.
- Beef broth — chances are you’ll use vegetable or hen.
- Tomato paste
- Worcestershire sauce
- Italian seasoning
- Bay leaf
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Reduce combined greens — use recent or frozen. We used frozen for ease and time.
- Flat-leaf parsley
Be aware: That is an outline of the directions. The total directions are within the recipe card beneath.
- Brown the bottom beef with garlic and onion. Drain extra fats and return to the big pot.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaf, and black pepper. Simmer lined for 10 minutes.
- Add the diced potatoes.
- Give the combination stir with a picket spoon.
- Add the combined greens, Italian seasoning, and salt, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or till the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Sprinkle the cooked hamburger soup with chopped Italian parsley, and serve!
The next are affiliate hyperlinks. We’re a participant within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to supply a method for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites.
You’ll want the next gadgets to make this recipe efficiently.
- Dutch oven or soup pot
- Sharp knife
- Slicing board
- Wood mixing spoon
These are the questions we’re most continuously requested about making our Fast and Straightforward Vegetable Hamburger Soup with Potatoes recipe.
Components reminiscent of wealthy broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, herbs, and seasoning will add extra taste to a vegetable soup. Including meat, reminiscent of browned floor beef, additionally provides a wealthy taste to vegetable soup.
Hen broth, vegetable broth, bone broth, crimson wine, water, or a mix of any of those substitutes can be utilized as a substitute of beef broth.
Serve crusty bread, cornbread, grilled cheese sandwiches, dinner rolls, tortilla chips, crispy croutons, or a aspect salad with this hamburger soup.
Combining seasoning, herbs, beef broth, tomato paste, aromatics, and browned floor beef provides a scrumptious depth of taste to vegetable soup.
- Be sure that to empty extra fats from the browned floor beef to keep away from extra grease on this soup.
- For a thicker consistency, add a cornstarch slurry to the soupy combination in direction of the tip of the cooking time.
- Reduce the potatoes into uniform-sized items so that they cook dinner evenly.
- This recipe serves 8, however you possibly can halve it or retailer half within the freezer for future busy weeknight meals.
- Change your combined greens to incorporate those who you take pleasure in probably the most. My combined greens often embrace beans, celery, carrots, and peppers, however you might additionally embrace mushrooms, corn, and different veggies. Contemporary veggies are nice however frozen veggies will also be used.
- Add warmth to this hamburger soup by together with chili powder, cayenne pepper, or scorching sauce. Different substances for a kick of warmth embrace sliced jalapenos and Ro-Tel tomatoes.
- Lean floor beef, floor hen, or floor pork can be utilized as a substitute of normal tender floor beef.
- Add crimson wine to the soup for a richer taste.
- Hen or vegetable broth are nice substitutes for beef broth.
- Macaroni, rice, barley, and orzo (or different small shell pasta) could be added to the soup in direction of the tip of the cooking time for additional physique or to switch the potatoes.
- Russet potatoes can be utilized on this soup.
Hamburger vegetable soup could be saved within the fridge in an hermetic container for 4-5 days. This soup may be saved in a freezer-safe container within the freezer for 1-3 months.
Thaw leftover soup in a single day within the fridge and reheat in a big Dutch oven over medium-low warmth on the stovetop till heated by.
- Cabbage Roll Soup – This cabbage soup has the identical comforting flavors and textures as basic baked cabbage rolls however in soup type!
- Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup – Lasagna soup takes a standard Italian dish and transforms it right into a bowl of soupy delight!
- Spicy Vegetable Italian Lentil Soup – One other vegetable-rich soup recipe that I extremely advocate if you wish to enhance your dietary consumption in a simple and scrumptious method.
🍽 Serve with
Prime every bowl of hamburger soup with freshly grated cheese (cheddar cheese, Mozzarella, or Parmesan cheese) or crumbled feta and chopped recent parsley or basil. Take pleasure in this comforting hamburger soup with Garlic Cheesy Bread or Homemade Dinner Rolls.
📞 Chiacchierata (chat)
We have been making the Hamburger Vegetable Soup recipe for years. The primary time I noticed this recipe was a tear out fast recipes inset within the outdated McCall’s Journal. I nonetheless have it in my recipe binder. It has been used so many occasions all through the years. And the veggies I take advantage of are those I’ve useful.
I’ve added cabbage as a substitute of the potatoes and even fennel and fall squash. And as costly as beef is, hamburger remains to be inexpensive. And for the sport hunters, use floor venison on this scrumptious Vegetable Hamburger Soup recipe. We now have.
Let me know what additions you embrace on this versatile soup recipe.
Tutti a tavolo, è pronto!
What’s new? Try my All Our Way Store on Amazon. We’ll be including extra gadgets we love and use or want we needed to make
cooking enjoyable and straightforward.
📝 Recipe Card
Hamburger soup with recent greens is a hearty and comforting soup, full of browned floor beef, onions, garlic, wealthy broth, canned tomatoes, fork-tender potatoes, and combined veggies. It’s a fast and straightforward stovetop soup you can have on the dinner desk in simply half-hour!
If you happen to love this recipe please give it 5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.
Straightforward Hearty Vegetable Hamburger Soup
This hearty Hamburger Soup is a fast and straightforward meal loaded with greens, lean beef, diced tomatoes and potatoes. It’s nice made forward of time, reheats effectively and freezes completely.
Servings: 8 servings
As An Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 ½ pound lean floor beef
- 1 onion medium-size diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 giant yukon gold potatoes peeled and diced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes with juice
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 3 cups combined greens recent or frozen- reminiscent of inexperienced beans, carrots, celery, peppers
- 3 Tbsp. flat-leaf parsley chopped for garnish
Brown onion, floor beef and garlic till no pink stays. Drain any fats.
Add potatoes, broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, seasoning and bay leaves. Simmer lined 10 minutes.
Stir in greens. Simmer 15-20 minutes or till potatoes are tender.
Energy: 234kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 24g | Fats: 5g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.5g | Monounsaturated Fats: 2g | Trans Fats: 0.3g | Ldl cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 989mg | Potassium: 1003mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 4149IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 5mg
Join the emails and by no means miss one other recipe!!
We’ll by no means share your e mail or ship you spam. Promise