Expertise the scrumptious style of Italy with this simple Pasta Pomodoro recipe. Cook dinner the pasta and make a flavorful tomato sauce with shallots, garlic, and a touch of crimson pepper flakes. High it off with melted parmesan cheese and recent basil for a mouthwatering dish that can depart you wanting extra!
Simple pasta dishes are so scrumptious and might be whipped up so quick! That’s why I really like this pasta pomodoro recipe a lot. Strive extra of my household’s favorites like this basic Cheesy Baked Ziti, this Easy Instant Pot Lasagna, and this scrumptious One Pot Chicken and Mushroom Fettuccine Alfredo.
What’s Pasta Pomodoro?
Pasta Pomodoro is a basic Italian pasta that’s fast, simple, and made with easy substances. Pomodoro interprets to the phrase “tomato” in Italian, and this pasta and sauce is simply that! I’ve even heard of this dish being referred to as Pomodoro Pasta. Both approach, it nonetheless means the identical, and it’s nonetheless DELICIOUS. Tender pasta topped with a tasty tomato sauce…the right Italian dish. You’ll love the sauce as a result of it’s mild and never too heavy.
Pasta dishes like this pasta pomodoro are nice for weeknight dinners. And I LOVE an excellent pasta sauce! In the event you’re searching for extra pasta sauces to attempt I like to recommend my wildly widespread Alfredo sauce. I additionally love this healthier model of my Alfredo sauce as a result of it tastes practically equivalent. This Bolognese sauce can also be an absolute should! Your loved ones will like it!
What’s In Pasta Pomodoro?
This Pasta Pomodoro recipe is full of excellent Italian flavors, making the style scrumptious. Made with easy substances you’ll almost definitely have readily available so you’ll be able to shortly make this pasta. The perfect recipes are those that I don’t should make an additional journey to the shop for! Try the recipe card on the backside of the submit for precise ingredient measurements.
- Skinny Spaghetti: I really like skinny spaghetti on this recipe, however you need to use common spaghetti should you choose.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil for sauteeing the onions and garlic. I really like extra-virgin olive oil for this recipe!
- Shallots: Shallots are so scrumptious. I choose shallots over onions on this recipe.
- Garlic: Recent garlic is a MUST!
- Crimson Pepper Flakes: Crimson pepper flakes add slightly bit of warmth, however be happy to go away it out.
- Crushed Tomatoes: Canned crushed tomatoes make this simple.
- Salt: Salt to style.
- Pepper: Pepper to style.
- Parmesan Cheese: Shredded recent Parmesan cheese for garnish. I exploit a peeler to get massive shredded items.
- Basil: Recent chopped basil for garnish provides a lot taste!
The Greatest Pasta Pomodoro Recipe
This Pasta Pomodoro dish is a no brainer for dinner as a result of it takes lower than half-hour to make! Add all the pieces collectively within the pan for the sauce. Cook dinner the pasta, then mix the pasta and sauce. It’s a match made in heaven! And don’t overlook to high it with some grated Parmesan cheese and recent basil earlier than serving! Comply with the recipe card beneath for step-by-step directions.
- Cook dinner the Pasta: Cook dinner the pasta in keeping with package deal directions. Drain the pasta, however reserve ⅓ cup of the pasta water. Set the noodles and water apart individually.
- Saute the Shallots, Garlic, and Crimson Pepper Flakes: In a big skillet, warmth the olive oil over medium-high warmth. Sauté the minced shallots for about 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic, crimson pepper flakes, and sauté for a minute.
- Add Tomatoes, Pasta Water, Salt, Pepper, and Simmer: Add the can of crushed tomatoes, reserved pasta water, salt, and pepper. Convey all the pieces to a boil. Cut back warmth to low and simmer for about 6-8 minutes.
- Add Pasta, Cheese, and Basil: As soon as the sauce has simmered down and is the specified consistency, add the cooked pasta, parmesan cheese, and basil.
- Proceed to Cook dinner: Proceed to cook dinner and stir continuously till all of the cheese is melted.
- Garnish and Get pleasure from: Take away the pasta from the pan. Serve with further parmesan cheese and basil earlier than serving.
Suggestions and Variations
Pasta Pomodoro might be made to your liking. I’ve some suggestions and variations for you beneath. I really like mine on the spicier aspect, so I all the time add extra crimson pepper flakes. I additionally like so as to add sausage for my boys as a result of they should have meat. You can also have it any approach you prefer it! I can’t wait so that you can make it.
- Swap Up the Pasta: Pomodoro sauce is a light-weight skinny sauce that pairs greatest with long-strand pasta. I like skinny spaghetti, however be happy to make use of common spaghetti, bucatini, or angel hair pasta.
- Make it Spicer: This recipe doesn’t use lots of crimson pepper flakes, however you’ll be able to positively use extra to make it spicier!
- Add Protein: Add cooked sausage, hen, or any protein you want. This can make it extra filling.
- Use Excessive-High quality Elements: All the time use the freshest substances. Recent garlic, recent basil, recent Parmesan cheese…it makes all of the distinction.
- Use Leftover Sauce As Pizza Sauce: Marinara sauce is a basic pizza sauce, however Pomodoro sauce is basic on Napolean-style pizza.
To retailer leftovers of this Pasta Pomodoro recipe, wait till it has cooled all the way down to room temperature. This pasta makes an incredible lunch for the subsequent day. The flavors of the sauce are so flavorful the subsequent day. Switch the pasta and sauce into an airtight container and place it within the fridge.
- Within the Fridge: To retailer leftovers place them in an hermetic container and maintain them within the fridge for 3-4 days.
- To Reheat: When you’re able to eat the leftovers, you’ll be able to reheat them on the range or within the microwave.
Cook dinner the pasta in keeping with package deal directions. When straining the pasta, reserve ⅓ cup of the pasta water. Set the noodles and water apart individually.
In a big skillet, warmth the olive oil over medium-high warmth. Sauté the minced shallots for about 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic, crimson pepper flakes, and sauté for a minute.
Add the can of crushed tomatoes, reserved pasta water, salt, and pepper. Convey all the pieces to a boil. Cut back warmth to low and simmer for about 6-8 minutes.
As soon as the sauce has simmered down and is the specified consistency, add the cooked pasta, parmesan cheese, and basil.
Proceed to cook dinner and stir continuously till all of the cheese is melted.
Take away the pasta from the pan and serve with further parmesan cheese and basil earlier than serving.
Energy211kcal (11%)Carbohydrates34g (11%)Protein7g (14%)Fats5g (8%)Saturated Fats1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fats1gMonounsaturated Fats3gLdl cholesterol3mg (1%)Sodium220mg (9%)Potassium150mg (4%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar2g (2%)Vitamin A364IU (7%)Vitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium46mg (5%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary info is predicated on third occasion calculations and is just an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will differ relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.