That is a simple facet dish we make all yr lengthy and one among my all time favourite salads!
This Greek salad recipe is packed filled with recent cucumbers and tomatoes, crisp bell pepper, feta cheese, and olives, and wearing a fast zippy French dressing.
It makes an ideal lunch or is ideal served alongside nearly any meal.
A Favourite Aspect Salad
- Stays recent for days: No lettuce means this Greek salad recipe received’t wilt, making it an ideal selection for meal prep, picnics, and potlucks.
- Versatile: Add a hearty grain or your go-to cooked and cooled pasta with a bit of additional dressing.
- Make it a meal: High it with some protein to make it a meal; strive grilled chicken or shrimp.
- A meal prep favourite: Plan forward for per week’s value of healthful, low-cal lunches. Lay it atop a mattress of Romaine, quinoa, and even some flavorful beans.
- A simple crowd-pleaser: Its shiny, recent flavors and crisp texture can have everybody asking for seconds. Plus, it’s fast to toss collectively.
Greek Salad Components
- Tomatoes are a staple on this salad. Select any number of recent ripe tomatoes. If prepping forward, Roma tomatoes or grape tomatoes maintain up nicely.
- Cucumbers and bell pepper are all in regards to the crunch and freshness. We use inexperienced bell pepper however add no matter shade you’d like. There isn’t any have to peel the cucumber.
- Crimson Onion provides a punch of taste. To cut back the chunk a little bit bit, soak the slices in chilly, salted water when you’d like.
- Olives – Kalamata olives add nice taste to this recipe. In case you aren’t a fan, you may go away them out of this recipe or strive swapping them for black olives, inexperienced olives, or capers!
- Feta Cheese – Greek salad isn’t the identical with out cheese. A conventional Greek salad serves the feta cheese in a big slice on the salad, nonetheless, we prefer to crumble it to get the salty taste in each chunk.
Greek Salad Dressing
Greek salad dressing needs to be quite simple, this lets you actually style the recent veggies.
The recipe under clothes the salad with a quite simple combination of oil, crimson wine vinegar, and recent lemon juice with a sprinkle of oregano.
In case you have a bottle of Greek salad dressing you need to use that too however on this combination, we choose the easy recent dressing.
Feeling Fancy? In case you have recent herbs available, like oregano, parsley, or recent dill, sprinkle a little bit bit on prime.
How you can Make Greek Salad
- Chop the greens into giant chunks.
- Place the dressing in a jar and shake nicely (per the recipe under).
- Toss and garnish with feta & parsley, if desired.
Storing Greek Salad
Maintain leftover Greek salad in a lined container for as much as 4 days. Add some recent veggies and a sprinkle of feta cheese to make it pretty much as good as new!
Contemporary Veggie Salads
Did you get pleasure from this Greek Salad? Make sure you go away a ranking and a remark under!
This recent Greek salad recipe is a straightforward mixture of recent veggies, olives, and feta tossed in a recent and simple dressing.
Mix all dressing substances in a small bowl and blend nicely or shake in a jar.
In a big bowl, mix tomatoes, cucumber, inexperienced pepper, crimson onion, and olives.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss nicely to mix.
Add feta cheese and garnish with parsley if desired.
We like Roma tomatoes as they maintain up nicely on this salad however any tomatoes will work.
This salad will hold for as much as 4 days within the fridge. If desired, retailer the dressing individually and add when serving.
I often begin the salad by slicing the onion and soaking it in a little bit of salted ice water. That is non-compulsory however will soften the flavour.
The feta cheese will be served sliced or crumbled over the salad.
Energy: 146 | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 13g | Saturated Fats: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 8g | Ldl cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 377mg | Potassium: 209mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 500IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 1mg
Diet info supplied is an estimate and can fluctuate based mostly on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.