Italian Sausage Artichoke Cheese Pizza is a mouthwatering mixture of sturdy flavors that’s excellent for pizza night time or any night time! A pre-made or do-it-yourself crust is topped with savory Italian sausage, tender artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes and mozzarella cheese then baked till golden brown. This basic white pizza might be a brand new favourite!
I really like a scrumptious white pizza recipe and I adore it much more when it’s loaded with sausage, artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes and olives like this Italian sausage artichoke and cheese pizza.
It is likely to be a mouthful to say however I assure you that you’ll love each chew of this scrumptious pizza recipe!
This pizza has all of it occurring! It’s filled with savory, salty and candy style with a tacky, crispy and crunchy texture. As an alternative of utilizing a conventional pink pizza sauce, this dish is what Italians would name “Piatti Bianchi” (white dishes). A number of different white sauce dishes we love embody white sauce lasagna, grilled zucchini pizza and this cheesy white sauce gnocchi!
This pizza isn’t solely crowd-pleasing however versatile, too. I usually make it with a pre-made focaccia dough, however you can also make your personal homemade pizza dough or focaccia if you need! This artichoke cheese pizza is simple sufficient for a weeknight dinner however spectacular sufficient to serve friends.
Why You Will Love This Pizza Recipe
- Simple to make: Utilizing pre-made focaccia dough, this Italian sausage artichoke cheese pizza could be prepared in beneath half-hour!
- More healthy: This pizza is loaded with so many scrumptious substances after which topped with arugula which makes it like a pizza with a salad on prime. What may very well be extra nutritious than that?
- Customizable: Use extra of what you want and pass over what you don’t! I really like a pre-made dough to make this easy, however you should use no yeast pizza dough and even no knead dough if you need!
- Versatile: Serve it as a simple dinner on a busy weeknight or as a easy appetizer with buddies!
This Italian sausage pizza solely requires just a few substances! Since there are only some, utilizing good high quality substances could make an enormous distinction in each high quality, style and texture.
- Pizza crust: You need to use a premade pizza crust, focaccia dough or make your personal do-it-yourself pizza dough.
- Italian sausages: You need to use 2-3 giant Italian sausages and even floor sausage. Pork sausage, hen sausage and even turkey sausage all work.
- Artichokes: Entire artichokes which can be packed in oil then drained and sliced are greatest to make use of on this pizza.
- Solar-dried tomatoes: These will have to be drained and sliced if beneath oil.
- Mozzarella: Freshly shredded mozzarella cheese from a block will soften the very best.
- Black olives: Sliced black olives are my choice however inexperienced olives or kalamata olives would additionally work.
- Non-compulsory: Chopped rucola, also referred to as arugula or rocket provides a burst of recent, peppery style earlier than serving!
Tips on how to Make Italian Sausage Artichoke Cheese Pizza
First you’ll need to pre-bake your pizza dough. Place dough on a frivolously greased pizza pan, brush with olive oil and bake.
Whereas your pizza crust is baking, take away Italian sausage from the casing, chop into small items and prepare dinner sausages in a big skillet over medium warmth with olive oil till brown then drain.
On prime of your prebaked crust, add half the mozzarella cheese, prime with sausage combination, add artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, olives after which a sprinkle of dried basil and oregano. Prime with remaining mozzarella.
Bake your Italian sausage artichoke cheese pizza within the oven till the cheese has melted. Prime with arugula if desired.
Variations and Substitutions
- Meat: As an alternative of Italian sausage you could possibly use thinly sliced prosciutto and even chopped pancetta or bacon.
- Greens: Strive recent child spinach for a spinach artichoke pizza as an alternative of an arugula pizza.
- Balsamic: Earlier than serving, drizzle the pizza with a balsamic discount.
- Cheese: Shredded fontina or Parmesan cheese may very well be used as an alternative of or together with the mozzarella cheese. A mix of cheeses would add a lot taste!
- Dried herbs: As an alternative of basil and oregano you should use a mix like Italian seasoning.
- Contemporary herbs: Prime the pizza with recent basil or recent parsley earlier than serving.
- Preheat the oven so it’s scorching: The preliminary burst of warmth will guarantee a crispy crust.
- Decrease oven rack: Baking pizza on the decrease oven rack will guarantee the very best golden brown pizza crust.
- Artichokes: Flavorful, tender, olive oil marinated artichoke hearts are greatest to make use of. Keep away from canned artichokes as they are often soggy and style rubbery. Pat your artichokes dry after which roughly slice them as a complete artichoke might be too heavy on the pizza.
- Full fats agency mozzarella: Full fats (entire milk) agency low moisture mozzarella that’s shredded recent from a block will soften the very best. Contemporary mozzarella isn’t beneficial for this pizza.
- Further sun-dried tomatoes? I usually purchase a big jar of sun-dried tomatoes! In case you are like me, make this sun-dried tomato olive bread and spaghetti with sun-dried tomatoes and pancetta along with your leftover tomatoes!
Tips on how to retailer leftover pizza?
Retailer leftovers on a plate coated with plastic wrap and refrigerate for as much as two days. Whereas chilly pizza is scrumptious, if you need to reheat the leftovers you could need to take away the arugula as it should wilt when scorching. Reheat within the air fryer if you need it to be crispy, the microwave if you’re in a rush and even within the oven.
Can I exploit a pizza stone?
Sure, this Italian sausage artichoke pizza could be baked on a pizza stone. I beneficial heating your pizza stone for no less than half-hour earlier than you add your pizza to make sure the very best crispy pizza crust.
Can I add a sauce to the white pizza?
Sure! A white pizza is technically any kind of pizza made and not using a tomato sauce so a Parmesan cream sauce or Alfredo sauce would work greatest on the pizza. I might use only a small quantity in order to not detract from the opposite substances.
What different toppings can I add to this Italian sausage white pizza?
Another favourite toppings you could possibly add or use rather than embody caramelized pink onions, banana peppers, inexperienced pepper, white onion and even topping with feta cheese.
What ought to I serve with white pizza?
Salad is the proper aspect dish for pizza! This creamy Italian dressing is nice over any crisp salad greens or this Italian chickpea salad is a favourite, too! You possibly can’t go unsuitable with a classic Caprese salad when serving this pizza within the summertime.
At any time when Pizza night time is for you, I hope you give this Italian Sausage and Artichoke Pizza a attempt! Buon Appetito!
Italian Sausage & Artichoke Cheese Pizza
Italian Sausage Artichoke Cheese Pizza is a mouthwatering mixture of sturdy flavors that’s excellent for pizza night time or any night time!
Forestall your display screen from going darkish
- 1 pre-made pizza or focaccia dough or Finest Pizza Dough Recipe
- 2-3 Italian sausages (delicate or scorching)
- 3 entire artichokes beneath oil (drained and sliced)
- 4-5 sun-dried tomatoes drained and sliced if beneath oil
- ½-¾ cup shredded agency mozzarella (divided)
- 15 black olives (sliced)
- ¼-½ cup rucola chopped (also referred to as arugula or rocket)
Pre-heat oven to 450F / 180C frivolously grease a pizza pan.
Place pizza or focaccia dough on the pan, brush frivolously with olive oil. Bake for about 10 minutes (or till frivolously golden).
Whereas the pizza is baking, in a medium saucepan add ½ tablespoon olive oil and Italian sausage (faraway from the casing and chop into small items) prepare dinner till browned, drain.
Take away the pizza dough from the oven and sprinkle with half the mozzarella cheese, prime with the drained sausage, sliced artichoke, sun-dried tomatoes, chopped olives, slightly sprinkle of basil and oregano, prime with the remaining mozzarella.
Bake within the oven till the cheese has melted roughly 3-5 minutes. Prime with shredded rucola if desired. Take pleasure in!
Retailer leftovers on a plate coated with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Whereas chilly pizza is scrumptious, if you need to reheat the leftovers you could need to take away the arugula as it should wilt when scorching. Reheat within the air fryer if you need it to be crispy or the microwave if you’re in a rush.
Energy: 497kcalCarbohydrates: 49gProtein: 16gFats: 26gSaturated Fats: 7gLdl cholesterol: 42mgSodium: 1480mgPotassium: 188mgFiber: 2gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 420IUVitamin C: 11mgCalcium: 24mgIron: 3.7mg
Up to date from March 15, 2016.