This web site might include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my disclosure policy.
Degree up your meatball sport with the addition of ricotta cheese! These ricotta meatballs have the creamiest texture and prove further tender and juicy. The flavors are unimaginable and your loved ones will beg you to make these each week!
If scrumptious meatballs are your factor you then’ve come to the best place! I really like meatballs so after all I’ve some scrumptious recipes so that you can attempt. Make these wonderful Swedish meatballs, my baked turkey meatballs, and likewise these fast and straightforward air fryer meatballs!
What Are Ricotta Meatballs?
These do-it-yourself ricotta meatballs begin with a standard meatball recipe. Then a shock ingredient steals the present. Including ricotta to your meatballs will blow your thoughts! It provides creaminess and moisture that ends in a young and juicy meatball. You’ll additionally love the salty ricotta that enhances the meatball taste.
Use these ricotta meatballs to make meatball subs. Merely fill a hoagie roll with provolone cheese, these ricotta meatballs, and marinara. Sandwiches are really easy to make, and I’ve just a few favorites it’s a must to attempt the subsequent time that you must feed a crowd. My Cuban sandwich recipe is very easy, my gradual cooker French dip sandwich is a superb make-ahead possibility, and my meatloaf sandwich is out of this world!
Elements For Ricotta Meatballs
With how easy the elements are for these wonderful meatballs, you’re positively going to need them in your weekly dinner rotation! Their juicy, savory taste will most positively have you ever hooked. In the event you’re on the lookout for elements, they will all be discovered within the recipe card on the finish of the publish.
- Lean Floor Beef: Only one pound right here.
- Ricotta Cheese: Use full-fat ricotta for one of the best taste and outcomes!
- Eggs: Eggs assist add construction and bind the meatball combination.
- Breadcrumbs: Give the feel and construction of the meatballs.
- Onion: Finely minced onion.
- Garlic: Recent garlic all the time.
- Recent Herbs: Recent herbs brighten the flavors. I exploit contemporary parsley and basil on this recipe.
- Italian Seasoning: Add scrumptious taste utilizing Italian seasonings.
- Salt and Pepper: Season to style.
- Olive Oil: To prepare dinner and brown the meatballs.
- Homemade Marinara: Use jarred marinara or attempt my do-it-yourself recipe as a result of it’s implausible!
Ricotta Meatball Recipe
It’s really easy! You’ll be capable of whip up a batch of those very quickly in any respect! If your loved ones is something like mine, then it’s possible you’ll wish to make a double batch. Do-it-yourself ricotta meatballs all the time fly off the desk!
- Mix the Beef, Ricotta Cheese, and Eggs: To a big bowl, add the bottom beef, ricotta cheese, and eggs. Combine till properly mixed.
- Combine the Breadcrumbs, Onion, Garlic, Herbs, and Seasonings: In a separate small bowl, combine collectively the breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, parsley, basil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Add Breadcrumb Combination to Meat Combination: Add the breadcrumb combination to the meat combination and blend till all the things is integrated. Roll all of the meatball combination into about 1 ½ – 2 inch balls
- Brown the Meatballs: In a big skillet, warmth the olive oil over medium warmth. Add the meatballs to the skillet and prepare dinner till all of the meatballs are evenly browned on all sides.
- Pour within the Marinara Sauce and Simmer: Add the marinara sauce to the skillet and cut back the warmth to low. Cowl the skillet and prepare dinner the meatballs within the sauce for about 30-40 minutes, stirring often.
- Serve: As soon as the meatballs are totally cooked, take away the pan from the warmth. Serve the sauce and meatballs over spaghetti, in sandwiches, with greens, or any approach you favor to take pleasure in meatballs.
Fast Suggestions and Cooking Choices
Right here’s an additional tip that will help you craft one of the best do-it-yourself ricotta meatballs of all time! Your loved ones received’t be capable of get sufficient. Observe my directions for cooking these meatballs within the gradual cooker or on the spot pot to make dinner even simpler.
- Combine Gently: When shaping your meatballs, when you pack them too tightly, they could prove dense and rubbery as soon as cooked. You don’t wish to overwork them! I all the time like to make use of my fingers to combine and form my meatballs, this fashion I do know precisely how a lot stress I’m making use of. A delicate hand is the key to melt-in-your-mouth meatballs!
- Gradual Cooker: You can also make these meatballs in a gradual cooker as properly. After browning the meatballs on the skillet add them to the gradual cooker. Pour the marinara sauce over the meatballs. Cook dinner the meatballs on excessive for 2-3 hours or till the meatballs are cooked by.
- Instantaneous Pot: Brown your assembled meatballs proper within the on the spot pot. Set it to saute, add the oil, and brown away. Add the marinara, seal the moment pot, and choose the handbook possibility. Set the cooking time for quarter-hour and you’ve got good ricotta meatballs.
How Lengthy Do Do-it-yourself Meatballs Final?
These ricotta meatballs keep juicy and moist and are good for leftovers. Take pleasure in them for lunch or dinner all through the week. Observe my directions beneath for storing and likewise reheating leftovers.
- Within the Fridge: In an airtight container, your do-it-yourself meatballs will final for as much as 3 days.
- Within the Freezer: Retailer in a freezer bag or hermetic container for 1-2 months. Thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
- To Reheating: Reheat these meatballs in a skillet over medium warmth till warmed by. Add extra marinara if wanted. You can even reheat these meatballs within the microwave till warmed by.
Pin this now to seek out it later
To a big bowl, add the bottom beef, ricotta cheese, and eggs. Combine till properly mixed.
In a separate small bowl, combine collectively the breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, parsley, basil, italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
Add the breadcrumb combination to the meat combination and blend till all the things is integrated. Roll all of the meatball combination into about 1 ½ – 2 inch balls
In a big skillet, warmth the olive oil over medium warmth. Add the meatballs to the skillet and prepare dinner till all of the meatballs are evenly browned on all sides.
Add the marinara sauce to the skillet and cut back the warmth to low. Cowl the skillet and prepare dinner the meatballs within the sauce for about 30-40 minutes, stirring often.
As soon as the meatballs are totally cooked, take away the skillet from warmth. Serve the sauce and meatballs over spaghetti, in sandwiches, with greens, or any approach you favor to take pleasure in meatballs.
Retailer leftovers in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
Energy: 84kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 7gFats: 4gSaturated Fats: 2gPolyunsaturated Fats: 0.4gMonounsaturated Fats: 2gTrans Fats: 0.1gLdl cholesterol: 35mgSodium: 283mgPotassium: 183mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 213IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 41mgIron: 1mg
Vitamin data is robotically calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.