This web site could include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we will present recipes to you. Learn my disclosure policy.
Katsu sauce is a thick and shiny ketchup-based sauce that’s good for dipping fried meals in! A staple in Japanese and Hawaiian delicacies, you’re going to like having this available in your kitchen.
What’s Katsu Sauce?
Katsu sauce is a Japanese condiment served alongside fried rooster cutlets, often known as chicken katsu! When you’ve by no means tried this dreamy mixture earlier than, you’re lacking out. Katsu sauce is type of just like barbecue sauce, with ketchup as its basis. It will get blended with issues like Worcestershire sauce, oyster sauce, and garlic and onion powders to actually make the flavour pop.
Sugar is added too, just a bit bit to steadiness out all the flavors. You’re going to like the best way it tastes! It’s significantly so good, and ideal for dipping fried meals in or smothering on prime of your favourite meat dishes. Want some concepts? Karaage rooster (Japanese fried rooster), crispy shrimp, or egg rolls simply to call a number of.
Elements in Katsu Sauce
It solely takes a number of components to make katsu sauce, and so they’re all actually easy and simple to search out! It’s simply a mixture of ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and onion. You’ll be able to after all tweak the ratios to your liking. That’s the great thing about making sauces from scratch!
- Ketchup: Like barbecue sauce, ketchup acts as the bottom of the katsu sauce. It provides simply the correct amount of sweetness and acidity.
- Worcestershire Sauce: For a punch of tangy, umami taste.
- Sugar: So the flavors in your sauce are balanced out. You’ll be able to add kind of to style, relying on how candy you want your sauces.
- Oyster Sauce: Oyster sauce isn’t fairly as salty as soy sauce, however has an analogous style. Hoisin sauce may also be used as an alternative.
- Garlic Powder and Onion Powder: For a punch of sharp, savory taste.
Tips on how to Make Home made Katsu Sauce
You may make a recent batch of home made katsu sauce in minutes, no journey to the grocery retailer wanted! Your loved ones will love the way it tastes.
- Add Elements to a Bowl: In a medium bowl, add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, oyster sauce, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Mix: Whisk to mix till clean.
- Serve: Get pleasure from instantly as a dip or sauce.
Methods to Customise Your Sauce
Make this tasty katsu sauce your personal with these further ideas and methods!
- Make it Sweeter: When you desire a sweeter sauce, add extra sugar to style. Begin with the advised quantity of two tablespoons after which regulate accordingly! It’s also possible to use honey as an alternative if you happen to desire.
- Further Taste: Add a number of drops of rice wine vinegar for extra tanginess, or sesame oil for some nuttiness!
- Let the Flavors Meld: For a stronger taste, refrigerate your sauce for about an hour, then serve.
Storing Leftover Sauce
When you have leftover katsu sauce, switch it to an hermetic container then retailer within the fridge for as much as 1 week. Give it a fast stir earlier than you employ it once more to ensure all of the components are totally mixed.
Pin this now to search out it later
In a medium bowl, add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, oyster sauce, garlic powder, and onion powder.
Whisk to mix till clean.
Get pleasure from instantly as a dip or sauce.
Cowl in an hermetic container and retailer within the fridge for as much as 1 week.
Serving: 2tablepsoonsEnergy: 49kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 0.2gFats: 0.04gSaturated Fats: 0.003gPolyunsaturated Fats: 0.01gMonounsaturated Fats: 0.003gSodium: 316mgPotassium: 146mgFiber: 0.1gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 87IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 16mgIron: 1mg
Diet info is robotically calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.