This shrimp with tortellini and peas recipe is dairy-free, however you can also make it with full dairy substances as properly! It is a hearty, satisfying seafood pasta recipe that is good for busy weeknights.
Seafood pasta is likely one of the most scrumptious combos on the planet.
And when you’re dairy-free like me, you do not have to skip out on this scrumptious cozy consolation meals!
Shrimp tortellini with peas is a straightforward recipe that you may whip up in lower than half-hour. That makes it the right dinner for busy weeknights. And it is also luxurious and restaurant high quality for a comfy date night time in. It is like your favourite restaurant’s shrimp tortellini alfredo with out the dairy!
❤️ Why you will love this recipe
Once I desire a luxurious, quick lunch or “fancy” scrumptious meal for dinner in a rush, this tortellini with shrimp and peas recipe all the time involves the rescue!
- Simple – This pasta recipe is very easy to make at house. An awesome recipe for starting house cooks!
- Quick – You’ll be able to whip up this tasty shrimp scampi tortellini in lower than half-hour. Good for busy weeknights!
- Easy – It is a quite simple recipe that requires just some substances.
- Scrumptious – This simple pasta dish is the epitome of restaurant-quality consolation meals within the consolation of your personal house. It is full of a ton of taste in a creamy sauce, with juicy shrimp and complementing textures in every chunk.
🍤 Ingredient notes
- Dairy-free tortellini – It is loads simpler to discover a package deal of tortellini that is dairy-free as of late in contrast to some years in the past. This dairy-free tortellini is my fave, and I often discover it at my native Entire Meals Market or New Seasons Market. It’s also possible to buy it online.
- Shrimp – You need to use contemporary shrimp or frozen shrimp. If utilizing frozen, make sure you thaw the shrimp earlier than cooking. For dimension, I take advantage of massive shrimp (31/40 dimension), however you should utilize jumbo shrimp or prawns.
- Dairy-free butter – That is my favourite dairy-free butter that’s accessible in sticks – which makes it good for baking and cooking – and as a variety.
- Dairy-free cream – I’m in LOVE with this dairy-free heavy cream different. It is tremendous wealthy and creamy, and tastes similar to full dairy heavy cream.
- Dietary yeast – It is a staple in my dairy-free cooking! Nutritional yeast provides a pleasant depth of nutty taste to the dish, and in addition works to barely thicken up the sauce.
- Peas – You’ll be able to toss in frozen peas straight from the freezer since they cook dinner up shortly.
Optionally available garnishes and mix-ins: purple pepper flakes, contemporary spinach, chopped contemporary parsley, a squeeze of contemporary lemon juice.
💡 For extra dairy-free alternate options, make sure you take a look at my checklist of Dairy-Free Favorites for Cooking and Baking.
✅ Step-by-step directions
A full checklist of substances and the detailed directions are within the printable recipe card on the backside of this submit. This is a visible step-by-step information with images of the method that will help you take advantage of scrumptious tortellini shrimp dish!
- Begin by cooking the pasta in response to package deal directions. Whereas the pasta is cooking, make the sauce.
- Add the olive oil to a big skillet or massive pan over medium-high warmth. As soon as the oil is heated, add the garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes, simply till the garlic has softened and is aromatic.
3. Add the shrimp to the pan and cook dinner.
4. Decrease the warmth to medium warmth, then add the dairy-free butter and as soon as the butter is melted, add the dairy-free heavy cream different. Stir the ingredient collectively and permit the sauce to come back to a low boil.
5. Stir within the dietary yeast flakes.
6. Stir within the peas.
7. Add the cooked tortellini and stir to coat the pasta with the sauce.
8. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with basil and dairy-free parmesan different, if desired. Sprinkle some purple pepper flakes for slightly warmth if you want.
Serve and revel in!
🥗 Serving concepts
🍷 Greatest wine pairings for shrimp tortellini
In the event you’re searching for the perfect wine pairings for shrimp pasta, strive serving it with a Sauvignon Blanc, a Vinho Verde, Pinot Grigio, or dry Riesling.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Completely! Sure, you can also make this recipe utilizing common cheese tortellini, full dairy butter, cream, and parmesan cheese. The measurements of every ingredient would be the similar as listed within the recipe for the dairy-free substances.
Permit the meals to chill, then retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as three days.
Sure. Place a serving in a microwave-safe bowl, add about 1 to 2 teaspoons of water over the pasta, then microwave in 30-second increments till heated by. Stir the pasta in-between microwaving increments.
Extra shrimp pasta recipes
Did you make this recipe? Remember to go away a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 score within the recipe card, and when you actually cherished it, please go away a remark additional down on the web page. Thanks!
Dairy-Free Shrimp Tortellini with Peas
This dairy-free pasta is wealthy and creamy. The last word dairy-free consolation meals!
Servings: 4 individuals
Cook dinner the pasta in response to package deal instructions. Whereas the pasta is cooking, make the sauce.
Add the olive oil to a big pan or skillet over medium-high warmth. As soon as the oil is heated, add the garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes, simply till the garlic has softened and is aromatic.
Add the shrimp to the pan and cook dinner for about 1 to 2 minutes, relying on the scale and amount of your shrimp. You simply need the shrimp to achieve some shade, however not cook dinner the entire method by, as it is going to proceed cooking throughout the subsequent steps.
Decrease the warmth to medium, then add the dairy-free butter and as soon as the butter is melted, add the dairy-free heavy cream different. Proceed to stir the substances collectively.
Then stir within the dietary yeast flakes till the flakes have blended properly into the sauce.
Stir within the peas.
Add the cooked tortellini and stir to coat the pasta with the sauce.
Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with basil and dairy-free parmesan different, if desired. Serve instantly.
Dairy-Free substances: I discover this dairy-free tortellini in my native Entire Meals Market and New Seasons Market. It’s also possible to purchase it on-line. I take advantage of this vegan butter, this dairy-free heavy cream, and this dairy-free grated parmesan alternative. I discover the entire latter substances at my native grocery retailer, within the vegan part and generally within the common dairy part.
Storage: permit the meals to chill, then retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as three days.
To reheat: Place a serving in a microwave-safe bowl, add about 1 teaspoon of water, then microwave in 30-second increments till heated by. Stir in between microwave increments.
Energy: 664kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 32g | Fats: 41g | Saturated Fats: 18g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 3g | Monounsaturated Fats: 12g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 250mg | Sodium: 1007mg | Potassium: 425mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1266IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 200mg | Iron: 2mg
Vitamin info is a normal estimate. Precise diet particulars could differ relying on the precise meals & manufacturers you employ to make this recipe. It doesn’t take note of any substitutions, toppings, or optionally available substances.