Updated: January 27, 2024
This web site might comprise affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we will present recipes to you. Learn my disclosure policy.
Full of tangy, savory, contemporary taste, this do-it-yourself Hibachi Sauce pairs completely with steak and stir fries. It’s made with out preservatives or synthetic flavors for a sauce you’ll be able to really feel nice about utilizing!
What’s Hibachi Sauce?
Hibachi sauce is a contemporary and flavorful condiment that you simply would possibly discover at your native Japanese steakhouse to take pleasure in with hibachi steak, veggies and rice. It’s type of just like teriyaki sauce with soy sauce as its basis. Nevertheless, it’s blended with rice wine vinegar, chinkiang vinegar, and contemporary components like onion, garlic and ginger to essentially make the flavour come alive.
To stability the entire flavors, a little bit of brown sugar and lemon juice is added, too. You’re going to adore the way in which it tastes! It has the very best style, and it’s excellent for dipping fried meals in, or drizzling over sautéed greens or smothering on high of your favourite meat dishes. Want some concepts? Karaage rooster (Japanese fried rooster), crispy shrimp, or egg rolls simply to call a number of.
It solely takes a handful of components to make this hibachi sauce recipe, and so they’re all actually easy and simple to search out! It’s simply a mixture of some pantry staples together with onion, garlic, and ginger. You’ll be able to simply regulate the ratios to your choice, which is without doubt one of the greatest issues about making sauces from scratch!
- Yellow Onion: Provides depth of taste and complexity to the sauce.
- Garlic: For a savory and barely spicy taste.
- Ginger: Grated ginger offers the sauce a refined kick, including a contact of freshness.
- Soy Sauce: The savory base of the sauce.
- Rice Wine Vinegar: Provides a candy, acidic style.
- Chinkiang Vinegar: This vinegar has a wealthy, barely smoky taste, and provides the very best taste to the dressing.
- Lemon Juice: A small quantity of contemporary lemon juice provides brightness.
- Brown Sugar: For a touch of sweetness to stability out the flavors. You might additionally use honey or perhaps a little maple syrup.
- Floor Black Pepper: Provides somewhat additional kick.
How one can Make Do-it-yourself Hibachi Sauce
This recipe for hibachi sauce is very easy to make! Merely mix your whole components collectively in a meals processor or blender, then switch to an hermetic jar and pop it within the fridge! You’ll love having this available, it’s so scrumptious.
- Mix: In a blender or meals processor, add all of the components and pulse till the sauce is pureed to the specified consistency.
- Retailer: Pour the sauce into an hermetic container and place within the fridge. Earlier than utilizing, permit the sauce to marinate in a single day if potential.
- Serve: Use this sauce in stir fries, over rice, or as a dipping sauce!
Methods to Customise Your Sauce
Make this tasty hibachi sauce your individual with these additional ideas and tips!
- Make it Sweeter: If you happen to favor a sweeter sauce, add extra brown sugar to style. Begin with the urged quantity of two tablespoons after which regulate accordingly! You too can use honey or maple syrup as a substitute, when you favor.
- Make it Spicy: If you want to spice this sauce up, add 2 teaspoons of sriracha, or extra to style.
- Further Taste: Add a number of drops of sesame oil for some nuttiness!
- Let the Flavors Meld: For a stronger taste, refrigerate your sauce for no less than 2 hours, however in a single day is greatest, then serve.
Storing Leftover Sauce
Preserve any leftover hibachi sauce in an hermetic container saved within the fridge for as much as 10 days. Give it a fast stir earlier than you utilize it once more to verify all of the components are absolutely mixed.
Pin this now to search out it later
In a blender or meals processor, add all of the components and pulse till the sauce is pureed to the specified consistency.
Pour the sauce into an hermetic container and place within the fridge. Earlier than utilizing, permit the sauce to marinate in a single day if potential.
Use this sauce in stir fries, over rice, or as a dipping sauce!
If you want to spice this sauce up, add 2 teaspoons of sriracha, or extra to style.
For a sweeter sauce, add further brown sugar.
Serving: 1servingEnergy: 18kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 1gFats: 0.04gSaturated Fats: 0.01gPolyunsaturated Fats: 0.01gMonounsaturated Fats: 0.01gSodium: 406mgPotassium: 43mgFiber: 0.3gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 1IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 8mgIron: 0.2mg
Vitamin data is routinely calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.