Updated: February 5, 2024
This web site might include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my disclosure policy.
This vibrant soba noodle salad bursts with taste and colour, due to its medley of crunchy veggies, nutty sesame seeds, and a zingy ginger-lime dressing. It’s gentle and refreshing, good for a fast lunch or a satisfying aspect dish!
Pasta salad is very easy to organize and the proper addition to any meal! Plus, it’s simple to retailer and tackle the go. Attempt these different potluck-ready recipes: California spaghetti salad, pesto pasta salad, or Greek broccoli pasta salad!
Asian Soba Pasta Salad
This soba noodle salad is a game-changer for lunch. It’s full of contemporary, crunchy veggies like crimson bell pepper and carrot, creamy edamame, and a sprinkle of nutty sesame seeds. The star of the present, although, is that tangy ginger-lime dressing. It’s candy, spicy, and oh-so-good, clinging to each strand of these completely cooked soba noodles! I like how the sesame oil retains the noodles from clumping collectively, even when it’s been saved within the fridge.
It’s gentle and refreshing, however the filling noodles and protein-packed edamame preserve you feeling glad all afternoon. Whether or not you make it for a flavor-packed lunch or a potluck dish to share, soba noodle salad is certain to be a winner. One more reason why I like this recipe is as a result of you’ll be able to throw any leftovers in an hermetic container, preserve it within the fridge, and it’ll style simply nearly as good the subsequent day! Perhaps even higher, as a result of this manner the flavors have extra time to meld!
Salad and Dressing Elements
This soba noodle salad is the proper canvas for your entire favourite mix-ins! Swap veggies, add protein, or strive herbs like cilantro or mint. Get inventive!
- Noodles: Fast-cooking soba (buckwheat noodles) provides an earthy, nutty base. (They’re additionally naturally gluten-free, which is nice!) Toss with sesame oil to maintain them from sticking.
- Sesame Oil: Wealthy, toasty taste and anti-clumping magic for each noodles and dressing.
- Inexperienced Onions: Recent, savory bites distinction the dressing’s sweetness.
- Purple Bell Pepper: Provides a vibrant colour and juicy crunch.
- Carrot: Skinny slices for straightforward mixing, provides sweetness and crunch to the soba noodle salad.
- Edamame: They’re creamy, protein-packed, and add the perfect texture. Shelled or frozen work.
- Sesame Seeds: Nutty crunch and additional calcium, toast for deeper taste.
For the Zesty Dressing:
- Ginger: Freshly grated zing for a punch of taste.
- Lime Juice: Vibrant, citrusy tang makes every little thing pop in your soba noodle salad.
- Soy Sauce: The savory base of the dressing! Use low-sodium soy sauce in case you don’t need it to be too salty.
- Rice Vinegar: Balances sweetness with a little bit of tang.
- Sesame Oil: Double dose of toasty sesame goodness.
- Honey: A contact of sweetness to spherical out the flavors.
- Garlic: Minced so there’s savory taste in every chunk.
- Sriracha (non-obligatory): Provides a spicy kick!
Learn how to Make Soba Noodle Salad
Soba noodle salad is tremendous simple to combine up everytime you’re craving one thing gentle and flavorful, but additionally satisfying! It’s the proper last-minute dish to make for potlucks and events, and likewise simple to take on-the-go.
- Put together Noodles: Cook dinner the buckwheat soba noodles in keeping with the package deal instructions. As soon as the noodles are cooked, pressure and rinse beneath chilly water and place them in a big bowl, pour 2 teaspoons sesame oil on the noodles and stir to coat evenly. Then place lined within the fridge. The oil will preserve the noodles from sticking collectively when you assemble the remainder of the salad.
- Vegetable Combination: In a medium bowl place the inexperienced onions, sliced bell pepper, sliced carrot, edamame, and sesame seeds. Then toss to combine.
- Put together Dressing: To make the dressing, in a small bowl whisk collectively the ginger, lime juice, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, honey, garlic, and sriracha if utilizing.
- Mix: Take the cooled noodles out of the fridge. Then put all of the fillings on prime of the noodles and toss to combine. Pour the dressing on prime of the salad and toss to coat every little thing evenly.
- Serve or Retailer: Serve contemporary, or cowl and place again within the fridge so the salad can marinate a bit earlier than serving.
Suggestions and Variations
- Toppings: You’ll be able to add any variety of your favourite salad toppings to this salad, I like to recommend peas, sprouts, cucumber, radish, or kohlrabi!
- Protein: Be happy so as to add shredded chicken, tofu, or dice steaks for extra protein!
- Completely different Dressing: You don’t have to make use of the dressing included on this recipe, any Asian-inspired dressing would make an important substitute, like my Asian Salad Dressing or Spicy Cashew Dressing!
Storing Leftover Soba Noodle Salad
Retailer leftovers within the fridge for as much as every week in an hermetic container. You’ll be able to eat your soba noodle salad straight out of the fridge!
Pin this now to search out it later
Cook dinner the soba noodles in keeping with the package deal instructions. As soon as the noodles are cooked, pressure and rinse beneath chilly water and place them in a big bowl, pour 2 teaspoons sesame oil on the noodles and stir to coat evenly, place lined within the fridge. The oil will preserve the noodles from sticking collectively when you assemble the remainder of the salad.
In a medium bowl place the inexperienced onions, sliced bell pepper, sliced carrot, edamame, and sesame seeds. Toss to combine.
To make the dressing, in a small bowl whisk collectively the ginger, lime juice, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, honey, garlic, and sriracha if utilizing.
Take the cooled noodles out of the fridge. Put all of the fillings on prime of the noodles and toss to combine. Pour the dressing on prime of the salad and toss to coat every little thing evenly.
Serve contemporary, or cowl and place again within the fridge to marinate a bit earlier than serving.
Energy: 343kcalCarbohydrates: 56gProtein: 15gFats: 10gSaturated Fats: 1gPolyunsaturated Fats: 4gMonounsaturated Fats: 3gTrans Fats: 0.003gSodium: 770mgPotassium: 510mgFiber: 4gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 3576IUVitamin C: 47mgCalcium: 121mgIron: 4mg
Diet data is routinely calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.