This web site might comprise affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my disclosure policy.
This superb Korean Beef Bulgogi is simpler than you suppose and doesn’t want any fancy elements. It’s a fast dinner that creates probably the most melt-in-your-mouth, flavorful beef! Excellent for busy households, it’s prepared in 45 minutes with solely 10 minutes of precise prep and prepare dinner time.
We now have loads of beef recipes on the weblog that make for improbable dinner choices. Take a look at Thai Basil Beef, Slow Cooker Korean Beef, One Pot Beef Stroganoff, Garlic Herb Butter Tenderloin.
Korean Beef Bulgogi
If you’re seeking to swap issues up for dinner with a recipe that’s simpler than it sounds, this Korean Beef Bulgogi is the way in which to go! This Korean BBQ beef options strips of flank steak marinated to tender perfection in a candy and savory sauce. Everybody in your loved ones shall be raving about it!
This recipe is Choosy Eater Permitted!
After I wished to make this at dwelling, I anticipated an extended, sophisticated recipe with tons of elements which are arduous to seek out. As a result of effectively, the flavors are so advanced and the meat is so insanely tender. However the excellent news is, this Korean beef bulgogi makes use of loads of easy elements, most of which you’ll have in your pantry!
Bulgogi Marinade Substances
All of it begins with the marinade. Numerous recipes ask you to marinate in a single day however in case you are utilizing beef, half-hour is sufficient in my view. (That is what makes this bulgogi recipe so fast and simple!)
- Minced Pear: A staple in Korean cooking, pear is a good meat tenderizer and likewise provides taste and sweetness. Regular pears work wonderful, however if you need a extra conventional model of this dish, strive utilizing Asian pears! They’ve somewhat bit crunchier texture, extra much like an apple.
- Minced Garlic: To infuse the meat with tasty savory taste.
- Grated Ginger: Retains the flavour of the bulgogi mild and brilliant.
- Soy Sauce: The inspiration of the marinade. Use low-sodium soy sauce in case you don’t need issues to be too salty.
- Sesame Oil: Provides a nutty savory taste and retains issues moist.
- Sriracha: For only a contact of warmth. You would additionally sub this out for somewhat little bit of gochujang (Korean chili paste).
- Lime Juice: The acidity helps to make the meat bulgogi further tender!
- Brown Sugar: Provides somewhat sweetness to steadiness out the flavors.
- Seasonings: Onion powder and black pepper to reinforce the general taste of the marinade.
Different Substances Wanted:
- Flank Steak: Thinly sliced in strips which are about the identical dimension so that they prepare dinner evenly.
- Vegetable Oil: For cooking the meat bulgogi in.
What’s the Greatest Lower of Beef to Use?
I like utilizing flank steak, reduce into about 1/2 to 1/4 inch-thick slices. Ribeye steaks are one other nice choice, though they’re on the pricier facet.
Cooking Korean Beef Bulgogi
You possibly can both prepare dinner this on a grill or on the range. The slices of beef are actually skinny so that they don’t take lengthy in any respect to prepare dinner. (I’m speaking sheer minutes right here!) Be certain your grill or skillet is tremendous scorching and you’ve got all the things able to go.
- Put together Marinade: In a big bowl, combine collectively the minced pear, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha, brown sugar, onion powder, and black pepper.
- Marinate in Fridge: Add the skinny slices of beef to the marinade bowl, cowl and permit it to marinate for at the very least half-hour within the fridge.
- Cook dinner in Skillet: As soon as the meat has marinated, warmth a big skillet over medium excessive warmth. Add the oil and among the beef, in a single layer, on the new skillet. Cook dinner for about 1-2 minutes on all sides. Take away the cooked beef and set it apart whereas cooking the remainder of the meat.
- Serve: Serve over rice, prime with sesame seeds if desired, and luxuriate in!
Don’t Overcrowd Your Pan!
While you prepare dinner your beef bulgogi, be certain to not crowd the pan. I prefer to work in small batches! In the event you add too many slices of beef without delay, they’ll begin steaming and also you received’t get that beautiful caramelization and smoky taste that we’re on the lookout for.
Suggestions and Variations
A pair further tricks to make this Korean beef bulgogi much more handy and scrumptious:
- Marinating Time: You possibly can marinate the meat within the fridge longer than half-hour for a richer taste, however for the sake of time and ease I do it simply half an hour.
- Serve With: Korean delicacies is all in regards to the facet dishes! These are referred to as ‘banchan’ in Korean. I really like serving Korean Beef Bulgogi over steamed rice. Then I like so as to add further veggies for extra shade and taste. Strive chopped scallions, kimchi, bean sprouts, pickled radish, cucumber slices, or shredded cabbage.
A standard strategy to take pleasure in grilled meats in Korea is to wrap them in leafy greens or lettuce. That is referred to as ‘ssam’ which instantly interprets to ‘wrapped.’ Seize a big piece of lettuce, add a slice or two of bulgogi, some further sauce in case you like, and luxuriate in! Bonus factors in case you can eat all the factor in a single chunk!
Storing Leftovers and Reheating
Retailer leftover beef bulgogi within the fridge in an hermetic container for as much as 4 days. I like to recommend reheating it over the range on medium warmth to protect that scrumptious taste and texture!
Pin this now to seek out it later
In a big bowl, combine collectively the minced pear, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha, brown sugar, onion powder, and black pepper.
Add the sliced flank steak to the marinade bowl, cowl and permit the meat to marinate for at the very least half-hour within the fridge.
As soon as the meat has marinated, warmth a big skillet over medium excessive warmth. Add the oil and among the beef, in a single layer, on the new skillet. Cook dinner for about 1-2 minutes on all sides. Take away the cooked beef and set it apart whereas cooking the remainder of the meat.
Serve over rice and luxuriate in!
Up to date on February 11, 2024
Energy: 490kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 51gFats: 24gSaturated Fats: 7gPolyunsaturated Fats: 7gMonounsaturated Fats: 8gTrans Fats: 0.1gLdl cholesterol: 136mgSodium: 1258mgPotassium: 896mgFiber: 1gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 12IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 74mgIron: 4mg
Diet data is robotically calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.