See my information on how to use an Air Fryer.
Air Fryer Corn on the Cob is a straightforward technique to cook dinner candy corn. This juicy corn on the cob is ideal for serving with butter, salt and pepper or your favourite toppings.
Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
Corn on the cob is likely one of the finest simple facet dishes for summer season! It’s candy and juicy and pairs nicely with all of our favourite summer season meals, from turkey burgers and grilled chicken to pulled pork. I’ve already shared my strategies for how to boil corn on the cob and methods to cook dinner corn on the cob in an Instant Pot. At present now we have one other simple technique to cook dinner corn on the cob: within the air fryer!
An air fryer works by circulating scorching air across the meals within the basket. It’s a wonderful technique to cook dinner corn on the cob that’s candy, juicy and tender inside with a crisp chew while you first chew into it. In the event you love air fryer recipes, it is best to positively give this one a attempt!
How one can Cook dinner Corn on the Cob in an Air Fryer
Begin by eradicating the husks and silks from the corn.
Preheat the air fryer to 380° F for five minutes, or based on the producer’s directions.
Place the corn in a single layer within the air fryer basket. Air fry at 380° F for 12-Quarter-hour, or till the corn is tender. Flip the corn cobs over half means by means of the cook dinner time.
That’s it! Serve the corn with butter, salt and pepper, or as desired.
Air Fryer Corn on the Cob Recipe Suggestions
- Ensure that the corn cobs are in a single layer within the air fryer basket with a bit area in between every one. You need the new air to have the ability to flow into throughout every ear of corn.
- If the corn is simply too lengthy to your air fryer basket, you possibly can reduce the corn cobs in half to make them match.
- Flip the corn over midway by means of the cook dinner time to assist it cook dinner evenly.
- Some recipes name for brushing the corn with olive oil earlier than cooking to assist it crisp up. I examined this recipe with and with out oil and didn’t discover the oil to make a distinction so I skip the oil. I’m all for retaining issues as simple as attainable!
- Completely different air fryer fashions might cook dinner in another way, so modify the cook dinner time as wanted.
Corn on the cob is scrumptious as is, or serve it with a number of of those toppings.
- Butter, salt and black pepper.
- Garlic Butter
- Honey Butter
- Parmesan cheese
- Feta cheese or goat cheese
- Contemporary herbs, akin to basil, cilantro, tarragon, parsley or chives
- Contemporary garlic or garlic powder
- Chimichurri sauce
- Pesto Sauce
- Cajun Seasoning
- Chipotle chili powder, lime juice, cilantro, mayo and/or bitter cream and cotija cheese for Mexican avenue corn
How one can Select the Finest Candy Corn
There’s nothing higher than contemporary candy corn with plump, juicy kernels. If in case you have entry to a farmers’ market, that’s the place you’ll typically discover the freshest corn on the cob. Wherever you’re procuring, use these steps to select the perfect ears of corn:
- Search for shiny inexperienced husks. The husks must be wrapped tightly across the cob. Keep away from shopping for corn with husks which might be dry or yellowish.
- Test the tassel. The tassel, or silks which might be protruding of the highest of the corn, must be brown or golden in coloration. It must be silky, barely sticky and moist. Keep away from shopping for corn if the tassel is black or dry.
- Search for a contemporary stalk. If the underside of the corn the place it was damaged off of the stalk is brown, the corn is probably going not very contemporary.
- Test for insect holes. Keep away from corn with tiny brown holes within the husk, as it is a signal that there could be worms or bugs within the corn.
- Really feel for plump kernels. You need to be capable of really feel agency, plump corn kernels by means of the husk. Don’t choose corn that has comfortable spots or empty spots the place kernels are lacking.
Don’t peek! It’s tempting to peel again the husks on the prime of corn to examine the tip of the corn cob. Nonetheless, doing this shortens the shelf lifetime of your corn.
How one can Retailer Corn on the Cob
- Earlier than Cooking: Corn on the cob might be saved at room temperature in the event you plan to cook dinner it the day you purchase it. In any other case, maintain the husks on, wrap the corn tightly in a plastic bag, and retailer within the fridge. Corn on the cob is finest cooked inside 1-2 days for optimum freshness.
- After Cooking: Cooked corn on the cob might be saved in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days. You may as well freeze cooked corn by reducing the kernels off of the cob and freezing in an hermetic container for as much as 3 months.
Extra Straightforward Air Fryer Recipes
Strive one among these air fryer recipes subsequent.
Like this recipe? Pin it to Pinterest!
Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
Air Fryer Corn on the Cob is a straightforward technique to cook dinner candy corn. This juicy corn on the cob is ideal for serving with butter, salt and pepper or your favourite toppings. I’ve given a number of topping concepts within the submit above.
Stop your display from going darkish
Take away the husks and silks from the corn.
Preheat the air fryer to 380° F for five minutes.
Add the corn to the air fryer basket in a single layer, with a bit area in between every cob of corn. (If the corn cobs are too lengthy to slot in the air fryer basket, you possibly can reduce them in half.)
Cook dinner at 380° F for 12-Quarter-hour, flipping the corn over midway by means of the cook dinner time, till corn is tender.
Serve with butter, salt and pepper, or as desired.
- You possibly can cook dinner fewer or greater than 4 ears of corn, relying on the dimensions of your air fryer. The corn ought to slot in a single layer within the basket.
Energy: 77kcal, Carbohydrates: 17g, Protein: 3g, Fats: 1g, Saturated Fats: 0.3g, Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.4g, Monounsaturated Fats: 0.4g, Sodium: 14mg, Potassium: 243mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 6g, Vitamin A: 168IU, Vitamin C: 6mg, Calcium: 2mg, Iron: 0.5mg
Diet info is an estimate.
This website comprises affiliate hyperlinks. In the event you make a purchase order by means of these hyperlinks, I’ll obtain a small fee, at no additional price to you. Thanks for supporting Kristine’s Kitchen!