This Mediterranean bean salad is one among my all-time favourite salads and sides. Daring declare, I do know, however I can again it up. I’ve been loving this recipe for ten years working now!
This salad is crisp and satisfying, recent and stuffed with vivid Mediterranean flavors. The recipe options hearty kidney beans and chickpeas, which stability crisp cucumber, celery and purple onion. The remaining easy elements—lemon and olive oil, garlic and plenty of recent leafy herbs—yield really irresistible outcomes.
This Mediterranean-style salad is ideal for spring picnics, summer time potlucks and comfy fall get-togethers. It’s a crowd-pleasing salad or aspect dish that fits most particular diets, too. The recipe is vegetarian, vegan and gluten free.
With how shortly this salad comes collectively, it’s a straightforward addition to your weekend menu! It’s a easy chop, whisk and stir scenario that’s prepared in about 20 minutes. I hope this dish turns into one among your standby recipes, too.
How This Recipe Developed
Again in 2013, I discovered inventive reduction from a not-so-interesting workplace job in books like Ethnic Cuisine by Elisabeth Rozin. On the particularly robust days, I handled myself to lunch at The Mediterranean Deli in Oklahoma Metropolis. It was my secure haven, a spot the place I may meet up with my favourite blogs whereas I waited for a scrumptious meal. I at all times walked out the door with a contented stomach, feeling like the whole lot was a bit of extra proper with the world.
I typically miss their kidney bean salad, which was a lot extra thrilling than it sounds. I discovered a recipe for a Lebanese bean salad in Ms. Rozin’s ebook that appeared related. I tweaked it fairly a bit, so I’m not assured that it qualifies as Lebanese. I omitted the tomatoes and added chickpeas, celery and garlic. It’s broadly Mediterranean in taste profile.
When you’re on the lookout for the lemon-parsley hummus that I initially shared with this recipe, here’s a PDF. Or, make my ultra-creamy hummus recipe and add as much as 3/4 cup recent flat-leaf parsley.
Watch The best way to Make Mediterranean Bean Salad
Extra Mediterranean-Type Salads to Make
Please let me understand how your bean salad seems within the feedback. I really like listening to from you.
Mediterranean Bean Salad
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Complete Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Class: Salad
- Technique: By hand
- Delicacies: Mediterranean
- Eating regimen: Vegan
This Mediterranean-style bean salad recipe is delightfully crisp and satisfying. Its recent flavors embody kidney beans, chickpeas, lemon, garlic and leafy herbs. This wholesome salad is vegan and gluten free, however principally simply scrumptious! Recipe yields about six 1-cup servings.
- 2 cans purple kidney beans (15 ounces every), rinsed and drained, or 3 cups cooked kidney beans
- 1 can chickpeas (15 ounces), rinsed and drained, or 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 small purple onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 stalks celery, sliced in half or thirds lengthwise and chopped (about ¾ cup)
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- ¾ cup chopped recent parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped recent dill or mint
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice (about 1 ½ lemons)
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Small pinch purple pepper flakes
- In a serving bowl, mix the ready kidney beans, chickpeas, onion, celery, cucumber, parsley and dill.
- Make the lemon dressing: In a small bowl, whisk collectively the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper flakes till nicely blended. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir till mixed.
- Serve instantly for essentially the most taste, or let it marinate within the fridge, coated, for a few hours or longer. Leftovers will preserve nicely, coated and refrigerated, for as much as 4 days. If mandatory, get up leftovers with a bit of sprinkle of salt or drizzle of lemon juice.
▸ Vitamin Info
Did you make this recipe?