Calling all Chili’s lovers! This Chili’s copycat recipe tastes like the actual deal with out you having to take one step out of your kitchen to get pleasure from it!
The tender rooster breasts are seasoned and baked, smothered in a tangy barbecue sauce and shredded Monterey cheese after which baked once more earlier than topped with juicy tomatoes, crisp bacon, and chopped inexperienced onions.
Get pleasure from this rooster Monterey straight out of the oven together with your favourite aspect dish for a midweek household meal or particular dinner.
❤️ Why you may love this recipe
- It’s no more durable to make than customary sauteed rooster, but it tastes similar to Chili’s Monterey Hen!
- A budget-friendly meal made with easy substances.
- It’s low in carbs and gluten-free. Excellent for anybody watching their energy or catering to meals allergy symptoms.
Make this restaurant-quality Monterey Hen within the consolation of your kitchen as a hearty and flavor-packed household meal or dinner to impress your friends.
As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Notice: The complete listing of this recipe substances with their quantities and choices are within the recipe card under.
- rooster breasts — use boneless and skinless
- seasonings: dried parsley, kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder
- barbecue sauce — use no matter sort you want.
- Monterey Jack– could use different cheese when you choose
- Roma tomatoes — diced
- bacon — chopped and cooked
- inexperienced onions (scallions) — sliced
Notice: That is an summary of the directions. The complete directions are within the recipe card under.
- Cowl the rooster breasts with plastic wrap and pound the thick sections to flatten them barely.
- Mix the seasoning in a small bowl.
- Combine effectively.
- Place rooster breasts in a evenly greased 9×13-inch oven secure pan and sprinkle the seasoning evenly over the rooster breasts.
- Bake the rooster for quarter-hour at 425F.
- Take away the rooster from the oven and brush every bit with barbecue sauce.
- High with grated cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or till the cheese has melted and the inner temperature of the rooster is 165F.
- Take away the rooster from the oven and place on a serving tray.
- Garnish every rooster breast with tomatoes, crispy bacon, and inexperienced onions.
The next are affiliate hyperlinks. We’re a participant within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to supply a way for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites.
You’ll want the next gadgets to make this recipe efficiently.
These are the questions we’re most often requested about making the Hen Monterey recipe.
Monte Carlo Hen is battered rooster breast that’s been pan-fried and topped with bell peppers, sliced tomato, mushrooms, black olives, and grated cheddar cheese. The rooster is baked within the oven till the cheese has melted.
“Pechuga” means poultry breast in Spanish. Pechuga Monterey refers to rooster breast that’s cooked in the identical approach as this Monterey rooster dish.
There are about 17 grams of carbs per serving on this scrumptious rooster recipe. This may improve when you select to serve a carb-rich aspect dish with this rooster.
Smothered rooster is often very saucy – good to serve with meals corresponding to rice, mashed potato, and couscous to absorb all of the scrumptious liquid.
- You should use a rolling pin or a mallet to pound the rooster breasts to a good thickness. Pounding meat ensures even cooking.
- Masking the rooster with plastic wrap to pound is nice kitchen hygiene follow.
- Use a meat thermometer to examine the inner temperature of the rooster earlier than serving. It ought to register 165F to be suitable for eating.
- Spraying the baking dish with non-stick cooking spray helps to forestall the boneless rooster breast from sticking. It’s also possible to evenly grease the dish with olive oil.
- Use rooster breasts of comparable dimension for even cooking.
- Use boneless rooster thighs as a substitute of boneless skinless rooster breasts. Turkey breast is another choice.
- Colby Jack is a superb substitute for Monterey Jack cheese. It’s also possible to use Cheddar cheese, Pepper Jack, or Muenster.
- Add an additional kick of warmth to this straightforward recipe by incorporating chili powder into the seasoning combination.
- Use turkey bacon as a substitute of standard bacon.
- Use store-bought or home made bbq sauce.
Retailer leftover Monterey rooster bake in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 4 days or within the freezer for as much as 1 month. Take away the tomatoes and inexperienced onions earlier than freezing, as these toppings will flip mushy from freezing and thawing.
Reheat leftover Monterey rooster within the oven, coated with aluminum foil, to forestall the rooster from drying out. Thaw frozen rooster within the fridge earlier than reheating.
- Chicken Parmigiana – This Italian-American dish celebrates tender rooster breasts in marinara sauce and a baked cheese topping – good over pasta!
- Marry Me Chicken – The identify of this rooster dish hardly wants any clarification! It consists of juicy rooster breasts cooked in a garlic sun-dried tomato and parmesan cheese cream sauce.
- Tuscan Creamy Tomato Chicken – One other low-carb household meal made with wealthy and creamy tomato sauce with wilted kale and melted Parmesan cheese that infuses into tender rooster breasts.
🍽 Serve with
📞 Chiacchierata (chat)
Once I sampled this rooster at Chili’s I could not imagine how scrumptious scrumptious this mouthwatering dish was and I knew I needed to duplicate it. Since having fun with it the primary time, it is turn out to be a daily on our menu rotation.
We love this rooster recipe a lot that we have made it a number of instances for household and friends. Every time we make it we get requests for the recipe. So beware and be ready to be deluged with requests for this recipe.
Tutti a tavolo, è pronto!
What’s new? Take a look at my All Our Way Store on Amazon. We’ll be including extra gadgets we love and use or want we needed to make
cooking enjoyable and simple.
📝 Recipe Card
This Monterey Hen is full of taste from a mixture of tender rooster breasts, candy and tangy barbecue sauce, melty cheese, crispy bacon, contemporary tomato slices and chopped inexperienced onions.
When you love this recipe please give it 5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.
Copycat Chili’s Monterey Hen Recipe
We love this Baked Monterey Hen Recipe that is so flavorful, with a mixture of juicy baked rooster breasts, contemporary tomatoes, Monterey Jack cheese, candy and tangy BBQ sauce, and crispy smoky bacon.
Servings: 4 servings
As An Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 rooster breasts boneless & skinless boneless and skinless about 1.5-2 lb
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 ⅔ cups Monterey Jack shredded however could substitute
- ⅔ cup Contemporary Roma or Plum tomatoes diced
- 3 slices bacon chopped and cooked till crispy
- 3 inexperienced onions sliced
Preheat oven to 425 levels F and evenly grease a 9×13″ casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Cowl rooster breasts with plastic wrap and pound the thick finish with a rolling pin or meat mallet to flatten barely. This can make sure the rooster cooks extra evenly.
Mix seasoning: parsley, salt, garlic powder, paprika, pepper, and onion powder. Sprinkle evenly over rooster breasts and place within the ready dish.
Bake for quarter-hour.
Assembling Monterey Hen:
Refrigerating: you may refrigerate any leftovers for as much as 4 days. I like to recommend reheating, masking, within the oven at 250 levels F till warmed by way of.
Freezing: you may simply prep this recipe forward and freeze it. I like to recommend freezing it after it’s baked, then thawing utterly within the fridge earlier than reheating it in line with the directions above. Take into account that the tomatoes will soften significantly if frozen.
Energy: 445kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 38g | Fats: 24g | Saturated Fats: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 8g | Trans Fats: 0.04g | Ldl cholesterol: 125mg | Sodium: 1330mg | Potassium: 672mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 903IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 381mg | Iron: 1mg
Join the emails and by no means miss one other recipe!!
We’ll by no means share your e-mail or ship you spam. Promise