This grilled rooster salad is packed filled with tangy and smoky flavors!
Crisp romaine, colourful veggies, and cheese are topped with slices of grilled BBQ rooster and a tangy dressing make a contemporary meal anytime of 12 months.
That is one of the best of summer time salad recipes!
Recent Grilled Rooster Salad
- Protein salads are one-bowl wonders any time of 12 months! Use this recipe as a base for different variations! Simply prep it, toss it, and luxuriate in it!
- Grilled rooster salad is a low-carb, low-calorie recipe that’s refreshing, filling. Skip the takeout, and it’s simple to prep forward of time.
- Price range-friendly grilled rooster salad is a good recipe for tossing in leftover meat and veggies from the fridge!
Components and Variations
Lettuce – We love a crisp contemporary lettuce on this salad, like romaine and even iceberg though any variation of lettuce and even child spinach or kale will work. Save time with prewashed lettuce.
Greens – Corn, onion, peppers, tomatoes, and avocado give this salad a southwest aptitude!
PRO TIP: Whereas the rooster is grilling, additionally grill the corn on the cob, if utilizing.
Dressing – This zesty dressing is a tasty distinction to the daring BBQ sauce taste. It additionally doubles as a marinade for rooster, beef, or fish! A bottle of French dressing or Italian dressing will do in a pinch!
Variations – Add sliced hardboiled eggs, bacon bits, a handful of blue cheese crumbles, and a buttermilk ranch dressing, to make a hearty Cobb salad. Swap out the pepper jack for parmesan, add croutons, and drizzle with Caesar dressing for a Caesar salad.
Learn how to Make Grilled Rooster Salad
- Shake dressing substances in a jar and chill within the fridge.
- Grill the rooster and corn on the cob.
- Add lettuce corn kernels and the remainder of the greens to a big bowl.
- Slice the rooster and place it on prime of the salad.
- Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with cheese.
You possibly can change up the additions on this salad and add cucumbers, kalamata olives, and even feta cheese.
- Marinate the rooster in barbecue sauce for as much as 4 hours if time permits or use your favourite chicken marinade. Add contemporary herbs, dried oregano, basil, or lemon juice if desired.
- Pound rooster for even cooking.
- Cook dinner the rooster to 165°F utilizing a meat thermometer.
Learn how to Retailer Salad
- In case you are planning for leftovers, retailer the salad, rooster, and dressing individually.
- Maintain leftover grilled rooster in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
- Retailer the salad in a sealed container or vegetable storage container.
Did you get pleasure from this Grilled Rooster Salad recipe? Remember to go away a score and remark under!
Grilled Rooster Salad
Juicy grilled rooster breasts are sliced and added to a crisp salad with romaine lettuce, corn, avocado, cheese, and a zesty Dijon drissing.
Preheat the grill to medium excessive (400°F).
In a small jar with a lid, mix vegetable oil, lime juice, Dijon mustard, honey, cider vinegar, minced garlic, and salt (to style). Shake nicely to combine and refrigerate.
Utilizing the flat facet of a meat mallet, pound the rooster breasts to ½ inch thickness and season with ¼ teaspoon every of salt and pepper. Toss with barbecue sauce.
If utilizing corn cobs, brush calmly with oil, season with salt and pepper, and place on the grill. Cook dinner till calmly charred. Cool barely and reduce the kernels off the cob.
Cook dinner the rooster on the grill for six minutes, flip, and prepare dinner for a further 6-8 minutes till absolutely cooked and reaches 165°F. Take away from the grill and put aside to relaxation for five minutes.
Add romaine lettuce to a big salad bowl. Add corn kernels, crimson onion, bell pepper, chopped tomatoes, and sliced avocado.
Slice the rooster and place it on prime of the salad.
Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with cheese.
The dressing can double as a marinade for the rooster and an alternative to the barbecue sauce, if desired.
Energy: 1912 | Carbohydrates: 106g | Protein: 123g | Fats: 116g | Saturated Fats: 26g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 38g | Monounsaturated Fats: 41g | Trans Fats: 0.4g | Ldl cholesterol: 341mg | Sodium: 2107mg | Potassium: 4062mg | Fiber: 24g | Sugar: 58g | Vitamin A: 8642IU | Vitamin C: 233mg | Calcium: 577mg | Iron: 6mg
Vitamin data supplied is an estimate and can range based mostly on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.