Are you a fellow fan of matcha? If that’s the case, allow us to introduce you to matcha boba or often known as matcha milk tea. This beautiful inexperienced drink is made with matcha, milk, and tapioca pearls, it’s like an iced matcha latte and really easy to make at residence.
What’s matcha boba or matcha milk tea
Matcha boba is made with matcha (Japanese inexperienced tea powder), brown sugar tapioca pearls, condensed milk, and milk. It’s candy from the brown sugar, creamy from the milk, and barely earthy from the matcha. Collectively, this inexperienced goodness makes a refreshing drink you’ll need to take pleasure in repeatedly.
Why we adore it
- We love the flavour of matcha and that is principally an iced matcha latte.
- It’s shiny inexperienced in shade, which makes it much more enjoyable to drink.
- It’s really easy to make at residence.
- We love how refreshing it’s in comparison with different bubble teas. It’s the right summer time milk tea possibility!
Matcha boba ingredients
Listed below are the components it’s worthwhile to make matcha boba:
- Tapioca pearls: these spherical, chewy balls add an additional beautiful texture to the creamy milk tea. I take advantage of common or plain boba pearls sweetened with brown sugar.
- Brown sugar is used to sweeten the boba pearls. You can even use white sugar or syrup.
- Condensed milk: Condensed milk is a kind of sweetened milk that has been cooked down and had most of its water content material eliminated, leading to a thick, sticky, and really candy liquid. In milk tea, condensed milk is usually added to offer a candy and creamy taste. If you do not have condensed milk, exchange it with syrup.
- Matcha powder: Matcha powder is a kind of inexperienced tea powder that’s historically utilized in Japanese tea ceremonies. However now tremendous fashionable in baking like bread and cookies. It provides a stunning inexperienced shade to the milk tea. One other fruit boba drink, honeydew boba additionally requires matcha powder to create a stunning deep inexperienced shade.
- Milk: 2% fats complete recent milk is used this time. You should use half and half cream for an excellent creamier style. Oat milk, almond milk will also be used for a vegan model.
When buying matcha powder, it is very important search for high-quality merchandise to make sure that you’re getting probably the most taste. Following are some suggestions from us.
- ceremonial grade matcha is the very best high quality and certainly is the best choice for matcha milk tea. However the culinary grade is sufficient. Each grades have a vibrant inexperienced shade and a fragile, candy taste.
- Test the origin: Matcha from Japan is mostly thought of to be the highest quality, because the nation has a protracted historical past of rising and producing matcha.
- Test the colour: Excessive-quality matcha ought to have a shiny, vibrant inexperienced shade. Avoid matcha that’s boring or yellowish in shade.
Matcha boba- Matcha milk tea
Matcha Boba with brown sugar boba pearls. Pretty creamy and grassy inexperienced milk tea drink
- 3 tbsp. cooked tapioca pearls already blended with brown sugar
- 2 tsp. matcha powder
- 1 tbsp. condensed milk
- ¼ cup heat water
- 1 cup complete milk
- ice cubes
Cook dinner the boba pearls
Deliver 8 instances of water to a boiling after which place tapioca pearls. Learn the instruction on the package deal (discover the required time). It could be 20 minutes or 5 minutes. Cowl the lid, flip off the hearth and let it relaxation for an additional required time.
Rinse the boba pearls beneath working water. Then combine the boba pearls with brown sugar. If you would like a extra caramelized taste, warmth the brown sugar with boba pearls similar to what we did within the video.
Then make your matcha by mixing collectively scorching water, condensed milk, and matcha powder. We use our hand-held frother, however it’s also possible to merely use a whisk or fork.
Now we assemble our matcha boba. Seize a cup and add the brown sugar boba to the underside, then prime this with ice cubes, milk, and your matcha combination.
Stir and serve instantly.
Energy: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 14g | Fats: 9g | Saturated Fats: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fats: 2g | Ldl cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 114mg | Potassium: 421mg | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 928IU | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Calcium: 344mg | Iron: 2mg
Is it wholesome?
Matcha powder itself does have well being advantages, together with elevated vitality, weight reduction, decrease ldl cholesterol, and improved mind operate. Matcha bubble tea additionally has fewer energy in comparison with its counterparts. Nevertheless, as a result of it’s a milk-based drink, it must be loved sparsely.
A strawberry matcha variation
One in every of our favourite variations is to make a strawberry matcha bubble tea. Including some strawberry jam not solely brings a stunning shade to the drink but in addition an additional bitter style to the whole style profile. For this drink, you don’t embody tea. A strawberry matcha latte with boba not solely appears nice however tastes scrumptious!
On common, one serving of matcha milk tea comprises 280 calories.
How one can make vegan-friendly matcha boba
For vegan matcha milk tea, you’ll must do two issues:
- Swap the condensed milk for both vegan condensed milk or your most well-liked vegan liquid sweetener, together with maple syrup or coconut nectar.
- Use the dairy-free milk of your selection. Soy, coconut, and oat milk are all good choices.
For me, I like matcha milk tea with the beautiful shade, recent and grassy flavors. It’s so simple to make at residence. Condensed milk additionally provides creaminess and sweetness to the drink. Completely happy cooking.