This Firecracker Rooster is nice, spicy and provides a pleasant kick to your meal. The hen is tremendous tender and juicy and when you smother it within the flavorful sauce, you should have everybody wanting to return again for seconds!
Firecracker Rooster Recipe
If you’re searching for one thing that’s the good marriage of candy and spicy, this firecracker hen is it! It’s not too scorching, and it’s not too candy. The hen is flash fried so the surface browns fantastically. When you add within the scrumptious firecracker sauce, you should have a meal that it would be best to make over and over!
My go-to Asian meal is my traditional Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken, and this recipe is much like that, besides it has a bit extra kick with the warmth (therefore the title Firecracker). This recipe comes collectively so simply and is one which your total household will go loopy over. After you do that one, you could try my Firecracker Salmon… It’s a twist on this one, and so good!
Baked Firecracker Rooster Elements
The sauce is an ideal stability of warmth and candy and that may knock your style buds off. Your loved ones and family members are going to like this! To see the precise ingredient measurements, try the recipe card on the backside of the publish.
- Canola Oil: That is used to flash fry the hen. It’s also possible to use vegetable oil.
- Rooster Breasts: Boneless skinless hen breasts make prepping a breeze.
- Salt and Pepper: These will improve all the flavors of the hen and sauce.
- Cornstarch: DO NO substitute for flour. The cornstarch is the key to superb coating that may make your hen completely crispy.
- Eggs: I all the time use massive eggs when I’m cooking.
- Buffalo Sauce: Use your favourite model. If you’d like it actually spicy, use a scorching sauce like Frank’s model.
- Brown Sugar: This helps the sauce to caramelize and likewise provides in a candy taste.
- Water: The water helps dissolve the sugar
- Apple Cider Vinegar: If you add within the apple cider vinegar, you get a scrumptious tangy taste.
- Purple pepper Flakes: These add additional warmth. Go away them out if you would like a extra delicate taste.
Methods to Make Simple Firecracker Rooster
This hen really easy and tastes so significantly better than takeout. Now take out begins at dwelling! Serve this hen with some scrumptious Easy Fried Rice and you should have the right meal!
- Put together: Preheat oven to 325 levels Fahrenheit and minimize the hen into bite-sized items. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bowls: In two separate bowls, place the cornstarch and the crushed eggs. dip hen into cornstarch, then coat in egg combination.
- Flash-Fry: Warmth the oil in a big skillet on medium-high warmth. Cook dinner the hen until simply the surface is browned. Place in a greased 9×13 pan.
- Sauce: Combine the elements for the sauce in a separate bowl, then pour over the hen.
- Bake: Bake for 1 hour. Stirring each quarter-hour.
This Firecracker Rooster will prove completely in case you comply with all of my cooking suggestions! Listed below are a couple of concepts you can check out!
- Methodology to the Insanity: Be sure to first coat your hen within the cornstarch after which the egg. This technique makes the right breading for the hen.
- Quick: Don’t cook dinner the hen all over earlier than baking. You simply need to get the hen calmly brown on the surface, after which it bakes to perfection.
- Low and Sluggish: Baking the hen at a low temperature won’t overcook the hen. This helps to cook dinner the hen all over and thicken up the sauce
There are such a lot of methods you can change up this Firecracker Rooster! Add in some fruits, veggies, spices, you title it, and you can also make this dish really feel new every time you cook dinner it!
- Spice: Relying in your tastes, you possibly can take the warmth up or down. Use scorching sauce or sriracha for a warmer dish. Use buffalo sauce for a milder warmth.
- Greens: Add peppers, broccoli, or different greens to the baking for selection.
- Fruit: Add some pineapple chunks to assist with the warmth and provides it a bit extra sweetness
- Rooster: Lower the Rooster into even bite-sized items so it’ll cook dinner evenly. Utilizing thighs would possibly end in uneven cooking as gentle and darkish meat cook dinner in a different way.
- Pork: This recipe would additionally work completely with pork.
- Further Sauce: In case you like your dish saucy, double the sauce recipe and place half on the hen and one other half on the range in a pot at a simmer for 8-10 min until thickened.
- Serve: This dish is ideal on a mattress of rice, stir-fried veggies, or quinoa, or over a mattress of lettuce for an Asian-inspired salad.
Methods to Retailer Leftover Firecracker Rooster
- Within the Fridge: Place leftovers in an airtight container within the fridge, and they’ll final for 3-4 days.
- Within the Freezer: To freeze this hen, place it in a freezer-safe container or bag and freeze it for as much as 3 months.
- Methods to Reheat Firecracker Rooster: This Firecracker Rooster is greatest reheated on the range. Reheating it within the microwave could make the hen rubbery and overcooked. Place leftovers in a pan on the stovetop and warmth on medium warmth, stirring usually, until heated by means of
Preheat oven to 325 levels Fahrenheit. Lower hen breasts into bite-sized items and season with salt and pepper.
In separate bowls, place cornstarch and barely crushed eggs. Dip hen into cornstarch, then coat in egg combination. I’ve additionally discovered you can put the cornstarch in a gallon-sized bag and shake the hen to coat it.
Warmth canola oil in a big skillet over medium-high warmth and cook dinner hen till browned. Place the hen in a 9 x 13 greased baking dish.
Mix the Buffalo sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, water, salt, and crimson pepper flakes in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
Pour the sauce over the hen and bake for 1 hour, stirring the hen each quarter-hour.
Initially Posted on August 6, 2013
Energy532kcal (27%)Carbohydrates65g (22%)Protein34g (68%)Fats15g (23%)Saturated Fats2g (10%)Polyunsaturated Fats2gMonounsaturated Fats8gTrans Fats0.02gLdl cholesterol158mg (53%)Sodium817mg (34%)Potassium645mg (18%)Fiber0.2g (1%)Sugar45g (50%)Vitamin A160IU (3%)Vitamin C2mg (2%)Calcium56mg (6%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary info relies on third get together calculations and is barely an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.