Do this scrumptious Philly Cheesesteak Casserole, a twist on the traditional Philly Cheesesteak. Tender sirloin steak, colourful veggies, and creamy cheese come collectively for a mouthwatering meal the entire household will love!
I like a scrumptious casserole. They’re filling, versatile, and my go-to meal for any busy evening. Check out a few of my different favorites like this yummy Sloppy Joe Casserole, this Crack Chicken Casserole, or this loopy scrumptious Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole.
What’s Philly Cheesesteak Casserole?
Philly Cheesesteak Casserole is a pleasant twist on the traditional Philly Cheesesteak sandwich. As a substitute of being served on a roll, the dish is ready in a baking dish and sometimes consists of thinly sliced steak, sautéed bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms, blended with a creamy cheese sauce and topped with melted cheese. It’s a scrumptious and comforting one-dish meal that captures the flavors of the enduring Philadelphia sandwich in a brand new and pleasant approach.
The Philly Cheesesteak casserole is a particular model of the well-known sandwich. It takes all of the scrumptious flavors we love and turns them right into a tasty and easy-to-make dish excellent for giant teams. You possibly can change the recipe to match your preferences by including various kinds of cheese, like cheddar or mozzarella. You may as well make it heartier by including sliced potatoes or pasta.
Don’t fear. Should you love Philly cheesesteak, I didn’t omit any of the traditional, favourite components! This Philly cheesesteak casserole has all of it! Try the recipe card on the backside of the publish for all the precise measurements.
- Sirloin Steak: Tender and thinly sliced beef, excellent for including wealthy and meaty taste to the casserole.
- Salt and Pepper: These improve the style of the dish and produce out the flavors.
- Worcestershire Sauce: A savory sauce that provides a tangy and umami kick to the steak and veggies.
- Unsalted Butter: Creamy and wealthy butter is used to deliver taste to the Philly Cheesesteak Casserole.
- White Onion: A candy veggie that gives a yummy style to the dish.
- Crimson and Inexperienced Bell Peppers: Colourful and candy, these peppers add a vibrant contact and delicate taste to the casserole.
- Mushrooms: Sliced and earthy, mushrooms deliver a pleasant umami taste and meaty texture to the casserole.
- Garlic Cloves: Small however highly effective, this provides in a scrumptious taste and odor to the casserole.
- Cream Cheese: This tangy ingredient is what makes the sauce so creamy and scrumptious.
- Heavy Cream: This makes the cream cheese a bit thinner in order that it may be blended right into a sauce.
- Pepperjack Cheese: A spicy and zesty cheese that provides a kick of warmth and boldness to the casserole.
- Provolone Cheese: A light and gooey cheese, excellent for making a melty and tacky topping to the dish.
How one can Make Philly Cheesesteak Casserole
This Philly Cheesesteak Casserole recipe is so easy and simple. It comes collectively in lower than half-hour which makes it the right weeknight meal for any of these busy, on-the-go nights.
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 400 levels Fahrenheit. Then, add the salt and pepper to the sirloin steak.
- Sear the Steak: Add the oil and warmth to medium-high in a big forged iron skillet. Add the steak after which sear all sides for about 2 minutes.
- Add Sauce: Add the Worcestershire sauce and toss with the meat. Take away from the pan.
- Add Veggies: Add the butter, garlic, bell peppers, onion, after which the mushrooms to the pan.
- Prepare dinner: Prepare dinner for 2 minutes till the veggies are tender.
- Make Sauce: Add the cream cheese and heavy cream and blend effectively. Deliver all the things to a simmer after which cook dinner for an extra 5 minutes.
- Add Meat to Veggies: Add the steak again to the skillet. Sprinkle with shredded pepper jack cheese and stir to mix.
- Bake: Switch the cheesesteak combination to a greased baking dish. Layer the provolone cheese slices on prime after which bake for quarter-hour or till the cheese is melted and golden.
Listed here are a couple of tips about how one can make this Philly Cheesesteak Casserole end up excellent!
- How one can Slice Sirloin: Slicing the sirloin steak thinly and towards the grain offers you a young texture within the casserole.
- Alter the Seasonings: You possibly can add roughly salt, pepper, or Worcestershire sauce to make it simply the way you prefer it.
- Marinate: For further depth of taste, attempt marinating the steak within the Worcestershire sauce for a couple of minutes earlier than cooking.
- Time Savers: To save lots of time, you should use pre-sliced mushrooms and pre-minced garlic from the grocery retailer. Then you’ll be able to whip this up even sooner!
- Preheat the Skillet: Preheating the forged iron skillet earlier than cooking the steak will assist create a pleasant sear after which hold the meat good and juicy.
Variations and Substitutions
Do you like this a lot you need to make it on a regular basis? I get it! Listed here are some variations and methods to alter this up to be able to have it usually and it’s completely different each time!
- Change the Meat: Substitute the sirloin steak with thinly sliced hen breasts or hen tenders for a scrumptious hen model of the casserole.
- Make it Vegetarian: Skip the meat and add extra veggies like zucchini, broccoli, or spinach for a meat-free choice.
- Add Carbs: Add cooked rice or your favourite pasta to the casserole for a hearty and filling twist.
- Change up the Cheese: Experiment with completely different cheese mixtures. Strive utilizing mozzarella, Swiss, or gouda instead of the provolone or pepperjack cheese.
- Add Rolls on Prime: As a substitute of provolone cheese, prime the casserole with slices of Philly rolls or hoagie rolls to imitate the standard sandwich expertise.
- Make it Spicy: Add some diced jalapeños or crushed crimson pepper flakes to the combo for an additional kick of warmth.
- Have it for Breakfast! Make a breakfast model by including scrambled eggs to the casserole after which serve it with toast or English muffins.
This Philly Cheesesteak Casserole makes unbelievable leftovers! Have them for lunch, add them to a roll to make it a sandwhich or simply reheat them up for dinner the following day.
- Within the Fridge: To retailer leftovers, let the casserole cool right down to room temperature. Then, place it in an airtight container or cowl it tightly with plastic wrap. It would final within the fridge for 3-4 days.
- To Reheat: You need to use the microwave or oven till it’s heated by.
Preheat the oven to 400 levels Fahrenheit. Add the salt and pepper to the sirloin steak.
Add the oil and warmth to medium-high in a big forged iron skillet. Add the steak and sear all sides for about 2 minutes.
Add the Worcestershire sauce and toss with the meat. Take away from the pan.
Add the butter, garlic, bell peppers, onion, and mushroom to the pan.
Prepare dinner for 2 minutes till the veggies are tender.
Add the cream cheese and heavy cream and blend effectively. Deliver all the things to a simmer and cook dinner for an extra 5 minutes.
Add the steak again to the skillet. Sprinkle with shredded pepper jack cheese and stir to mix.
Switch the cheesesteak combination right into a greased baking dish. Layer the provolone cheese slices on prime and bake for quarter-hour or till the cheese melted and golden.
Energy534kcal (27%)Carbohydrates7g (2%)Protein45g (90%)Fats36g (55%)Saturated Fats19g (95%)Polyunsaturated Fats2gMonounsaturated Fats12gTrans Fats0.1gLdl cholesterol169mg (56%)Sodium442mg (18%)Potassium783mg (22%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar4g (4%)Vitamin A1613IU (32%)Vitamin C43mg (52%)Calcium370mg (37%)Iron3mg (17%)
All dietary info relies on third social gathering calculations and is just an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will differ relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.