This social media sensation combines two final consolation meals – Traditional French onion soup and tender al dente pasta bake!
Roll up your sleeves and prepare to sip on some wine when you lovingly caramelize onions and cook dinner your pasta in a single pot with beef broth, white wine, seasoning, butter, and melted cheese!
❤️ Why you will love this recipe
- It has an irresistible candy and savory taste because of combining traditional French onion soup with comforting pasta bake in one-pot!
- This recipe can simply be diverse to swimsuit vegan and gluten-free preferences.
- This dish combines a few of my favourite meals – French onion soup and tender tacky pasta!
Impressed by the traditional French Onion Soup, this recipe turns into much more comforting and irresistible by changing it right into a one-pot pasta dish!
As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Word: The complete record of this one-pot French Onion Noodle recipe elements with their quantities and choices are within the recipe card beneath.
- onions — use white, yellow, crimson onions, or a mixture
- olive oil — for sautéing the onions
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- contemporary garlic
- dry white wine
- herbes de Provence
- pasta — we used spaghetti
- beef inventory or beef broth — can also use better than bouillon
- Gruyere cheese — can also use Swiss cheese
- butter — salted or unsalted
- contemporary Italian parsley — additionally known as flat-leaf parsley
Word: That is an outline of the directions. The complete directions are within the recipe card beneath.
- Warmth a big forged iron skillet with olive oil over medium warmth.
- Add onions, white wine, and salt. Enhance the warmth to excessive.
- Proceed to cook dinner till the wine evaporates.
- Scale back the warmth to medium-low and add the herbs de Provence and pepper. Prepare dinner for half-hour, often stirring with a picket spoon to forestall the candy onions from catching the underside of the pot.
- Add the garlic.
- Prepare dinner the onions for half-hour over medium-low warmth or till they’re deeply golden brown.
- Add the dry spaghetti and beef inventory to the skillet, increase the warmth to medium-high, and simmer for 12-Quarter-hour, including water as wanted when the meat inventory evaporates.
- Add the cheese.
- Prepare dinner on low or with the warmth turned off, mixing the pasta to permit the cheese to soften in.
- Add the butter and parsley, and blend. Style for salt, and serve!
The next are affiliate hyperlinks. We’re a participant within the Amazon Companies LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to supply a method for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites.
You’ll want the next gadgets to make this recipe efficiently.
- deep skillet — or Dutch oven
- sharp knife
- reducing board
- liquid measuring cup
These are the questions we’re most incessantly requested about making this Pasta with Caramelized Onion recipe.
Have a knife and spoon prepared when consuming French onion soup – it’s going to provide help to push the baked cheese topping to the aspect of the bowl and break the cheese into items to get pleasure from with each spoonful!
French soup is commonly served with croutons or a big piece of tacky bread.
French onion soup all the time accommodates beef inventory or broth, whereas onion soup accommodates both beef, rooster, or vegetable inventory.
Bland soup is probably going a results of previous elements or people who aren’t high-quality. It might additionally outcome from an absence of seasoning, particularly salt!
Sure. It’s necessary to caramelize the onions nicely for a deeper and richer taste in French onion soup.
- Don’t be afraid so as to add a beneficiant pinch of salt to this pasta dish in the direction of the tip. All the time style to check for the most effective outcomes!
- The time it takes to caramelize the onions will rely on how thinly sliced the onions are, the kind of pan used, and the cooking temperature.
- Should you select to make use of contemporary pasta for this dish as an alternative of dry pasta, cook dinner the contemporary pasta individually from the skillet and scale back the quantity of beef broth within the skillet to only a splash. Add the cooked pasta to the skillet with cheese and butter.
- Caramelizing the onions for a minimum of 45 minutes to an hour could appear lengthy, but it surely’s important for creating a wealthy taste on this dish. You’ll be able to even caramelize your onions for two hours in case you have the time!
- Preserve a pot of boiling water accessible to you whereas the pasta cooks. The boiling water gained’t drop the temperature of the pasta combination when it is advisable to add it to the skillet, and I’ve discovered that I typically want greater than 2 cups to create the creamy sauce.
- Since this recipe does require an extended cooking time, it’s greatest to enter it ready and never when you’re in a rush. Your endurance will likely be rewarded!
- You should utilize a mixture of crimson and candy yellow onions on this dish or stick to at least one sort, relying in your choice.
- I’ve used spaghetti on this recipe, however you should utilize an analogous pasta.
- Different scrumptious add-ins might embody mushrooms, thyme, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Substitute beef inventory with vegetable inventory.
- Add a splash of cream in the direction of the tip of the cooking time for further luxurious saucy consistency.
- Parmesan cheese is one other nice possibility in the event you don’t have Gruyere cheese or Swiss cheese.
Retailer leftover creamy French onion pasta in an hermetic container within the fridge for 3-5 days or within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
🍽 Serve with
📞 Chiacchierata (chat)
We love this cozy one-pot mixture of our favourite dishes — pasta and French Onion Soup. Though it takes a bit to completely caramelize the onions, we imagine each minute spent lovingly overseeing the onions flip their wealthy buttery golden-brown coloration is value it.
That is precisely the dish I made for our out-of-town visitors and I assumed they had been going to scrape the end off of the plate. Sure! They needed to get each drop of that delicious sauce. That is an unforgettable dish you will wish to serve to mates, household, and visitors.
Tutti a tavolo, è pronto!
What’s new? Try my All Our Way Store on Amazon. We’ll be including extra gadgets we love and use or want we needed to make
cooking enjoyable and simple.
📝 Recipe Card
This viral pasta recipe combines traditional French onion soup with pasta and creamy sauce in a single pot!
The wealthy onion taste developed as the bottom of this recipe is my favourite a part of French onion soup which may now be loved as a simple one-pot pasta recipe!
Should you love this recipe please give it 5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.
Viral TikTok One-Pot French Onion Pasta
The scrumptious flavors of this French Onion Pasta are the results of combining two traditional dishes – French onion soup and pasta bake! This viral recipe can have you hooked very quickly!
Servings: 6 servings
As An Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 onions sliced – could be all yellow or a mixture of yellow and crimson.
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tsp. kosher salt will in all probability want extra after tasting
- 2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- 1 teaspoon black pepper freshly floor
- 8 cloves contemporary garlic chopped
- 1 pound pasta we use spaghetti
- 2 cups beef inventory or broth Be sure it is HOT – can also use Higher than Bouillon
- 2 cups water Preserve the water HOT!
- 8 ounce Gruyère cheese or Swiss cheese Cubed
- 2 Tablespoons butter Might use salted or unsalted
Warmth the olive oil in a big pot or skillet with excessive sides over medium warmth. Add the onions, white wine and kosher slat. Increase warmth to excessive, and cook dinner till the wine evaporates.
Decrease the warmth to medium-low, and add the herbes de Provence and black pepper. Prepare dinner half-hour, stirring with a picket spoon each occasionally.
Add the garlic. Prepare dinner an extra half-hour over medium-low warmth , till the onion are caramelized, a deep golden brown coloration.
Add the dry spaghetti to the skillet and the new beef inventory. Increase the warmth to medium-high and simmer. It can take round 5 minutes for the spaghetti to melt sufficient to combine.
When the meat inventory almost evaporates, proceed including to water, mixing, and simmering, till the pasta is almost cooked al dente, 12-Quarter-hour. (It does take longer with this technique) Add the cheese and cook dinner both on low or with the warmth turned off, mixing the pasta to permit the cheese to soften in.
Add the butter and parsley and blend. Style for salt — add extra since this may make a HUGE distinction.
- Caramelize for as lengthy you’ll be able to. We strongly imagine caramelizing onions takes a minimum of a forty-five minutes to develop the depth of taste and jam-like texture fascinating for this pasta dish. Right here at All Our Approach our technique for caramelizing onions takes the total 45 minutes. 2.
- Preserve scorching water helpful. The recipe says to maintain 2 cups of scorching water readily available in the course of the pasta cooking course of, however I discovered it is useful to maintain water boiling in a pot. This manner you do not have to fret concerning the temperature dropping. It’s possible you’ll find yourself needing greater than 2 cups to attain the proper stage of creaminess.3.
- Be affected person! The lengthy cook dinner time is value it. One you’re taking your first chunk you will see what we imply.
Energy: 584kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 24g | Fats: 22g | Saturated Fats: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 8g | Trans Fats: 0.2g | Ldl cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 1109mg | Potassium: 480mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 491IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 439mg | Iron: 2mg
Join the emails and by no means miss one other recipe!!
We’ll by no means share your e mail or ship you spam. Promise